10.11 Interviewing Notes
The Probing Interview
- When we need detailed information from a source, we use a probing interview, otherwise
called a journalistic interview.
- This interview can be used with friends, family, acquaintances, professors
10.4 Interviewing Notes
Question Pitfalls, contd
- Asking a question that suggests how a person should answer it, which may be intentional
or unintentional. Ex: You really liked attending Rutgers, didnt you?
- Ans: Instead, try to phrase ques
9.27.11 Interviewing Notes
Chapter 2 continued
Guidelines for Reducing Language Problems
- Choose words and phrases carefully
- Expand your vocabulary because it is impressive
- Be aware that some words carry different meanings.
- Listen to the context in
Introduction to Interviewing
What is an Interview?
- Any time when 2 people exchange information with a goal in mind
- It does not have to be scripted, can be informal
- There are many types of interviews and interview situations (formal/in