1. using lots of gestures and facial expressions when communicating, this is an example of: non
Active listening is the basis for effective communication
3. Office e-mails are a form of _ communication.
a. Informal (answer)
Intro to Business: Sample Questions for the Final Exam
(These were dictatedall students had to write them down as the teacher was saying them.
Therefore there are only questions & answers.)
2. _ listening is the basis for effective communication
Chapter 2: Business Ethics
DETERMINING your code of personal ethics:
Character: what characteristics would others use to describe you? Beliefs: What are the most
important beliefs you hold and use to make decisions in your life
Behavior: How do your relat
Chapter 8: Human Resource Management
1. What processes are involved in human resource management (HRM)
2. How are employees trained and evaluated?
3. What are the main components of compensating and scheduling employees?
4. How does e
Chapter 9: Motivation, Leadership, and Teamwork
-distinguish 5 types of teams
-basic forms of comm.
-external comm. And crisis management
Chapter 10: Production and Operations Management
-discuss the strategic importance of production
-discuss various production processes
-role of technology in production processes
-factors involved in a location decision
-explain the j
Chapter 7: Business Management and Organization
-Levels of management and what skills managers need to be successful
-how strategic plan, corporate vision, and mission statements define a business
-why managers need tactical plans, op
Chapter 6: Starting Your Own Business
What is an entrepreneur?
-How do entrepreneurs differ from small business owners?
-strong desire to grow the business
-How do they differ from managers?
-overwhelming desire to use the resources of the organization to
Chapter 3: Economics
Distinguish between microeconomics and macroeconomics. Explain the factors that
drive demand and supply.
Describe each of the four different types of market structures in a private enterprise
system, and compare t
Chapter 4: Globalization of markets
1. Implications of globalization of markets & globalization of production
2. Why has globalization accelerated so rapidly
3. Costs & benefits of international trade
4. Diff types of trade barriers
Chapter 5: Small Business and the Entrepreneur
1. What is the role & structure of the small business within us economy
2. Traits of an effective entrepreneur how lead to success?
3. Advantages & disadvantages of franchising within the
Chapter 12: Product and Distribution Strategies
Product- a bundle of physical, service, and symbolic characteristics to designed to satisfy
-convenience products- items the consumer seeks to purchase fre