Intro to Communications-9/3/15
Although it is a process we do daily, communication is very complex:
o Different forms, mixed messages, shared meanings, culturally specific
Studying communication can help us learn more about
o High divorce rat
1. We use the most recent version of Microsoft Excel for the Spreadsheet portion of the course.
2. There are four exams. The dates are as follows: Wednesday, June 17th, Wednesday, July
1st, Wednesday, July 8th, Wednesday, July 15th.
Exam 2 Review Sheet
How mediated communication extends human communication
o It extends human communication through message production and distribution
Production: creation of messages using communication media
What is Accounting?
o Identified, records, communicated economic events of organization
Who uses Accounting?
o Internal users: managers who run the business
o External users: individuals outside of the company who want financial
Chapter 6 Outline:
o Merchandise inventory:
1. Owned by the company
2. In form ready for sale in the everyday course of business
o Finished Goods: manufactured items ready for sale
o Work in proces
- Economy: the structure of economic life/activity in a community
- Gross Product: the most common way to measure the economic vitalitymeasures the market value
of final goods and services
- GDP: the market value of all goods and