1) The way to achieve customer satisfaction and value is to offer the lowest price.
Rationale: Marketers interested in customer value offer realistic prices and try to achieve
customer satisfaction and value by ensuring customer
At Stores, Making 5 for $5 a Bigger Draw than 1 for $
1. What changes in consumer behavior are businesses trying to accomplish by using
multiple- products-for-a-given-price tactic ?
2. What are some reasons why businesses have moved to this multiple-produ
Real Life Lessons in the Delicate Art of Price Setting
What did the CEO of headsets.com learn regarding the importance of prices ?
What was the lesson on pricing learned by the founder of Better Batter Gluten-Free
What was the pricing strategy ado
Subconscious Encounters: How Brand Exposure Affects Your
What is the effect of repeatedly exposing someone to a brand ?
Is it required that you have to be aware of a brand in order to be influenced by it ?
What happened to purchase interest when s
Product Placement Grows in Music Videos
1. What are 2 trends contributing to the popularity of product placements in
2. What is MTVs policy with respect to product placements in videos ?
3. Whats the advantage to a company promoting its product i
TV Commercials Getting Shorter
What do shorter TV commercials mean for viewers ? for advertisers ?
What are some reasons driving advertisers to develop more 15-sec commercial spots ?
For advertisers, what are 15-sec commercials ideal for ? What are they n
Big Browns New Bag
What has been the historical relationship between revenue growth and profitability that
makes reliance upon logistics a risky business for a company ?
What is the basis for UPS belief that logistics will pay off for them in the long run
In Grocery Stores, the Perimeter Takes Center Stage
1. In a supermarket, what is meant by the center store and by the perimeter ?
2. What are some consumer-based reasons for the growth of the perimeter
section of stores ?
3. What influence did Whole Foods
Supply Chain for iPhone Highlights Costs in China
Briefly outline the supply chain for the iPhone 4.
What is the total cost to Apple for an iPhone 4 ? What are the least expensive and most
expensive components of the phones supply chain ?
Whats the bigges
Disney Plans Lavish Park in Shanghai
Why did Disney Hong Kong get off to a slow start ? What were some lessons learned ?
What are some of the challenges that the Disney Corporation is running into in getting
Disney Shanghai going ?
Fast and Flawed Inspections of Factories Abroad
1. What are 3 reasons that companies, such as, Wal-Mart, Apple, The Gap, and Nike,
use monitoring of sub-contract manufacturing facilities ?
2. Describe the differences in the manner by which the Rosita Knit
Food Product Containers Have Shrunk
TRICK ONE: Same package, less product. Folgers coffee decreased its package contents by
an ounce, but charges the same price, says Consumer Reports. Consumer Reports
Red Enhances Men's Attraction To Women,
Psychological Study Reveals
Psychologist Daniel Niesta holding one of the images used in the study. Participants were asked
July 7, 2010
By ELIZABETH OLSON
APRIL 5, 2013, 5:36 PM
By MICHAEL J. DE LA MERCED
July 28, 2010
By DAVID COLMAN
How to Brand a Next Generation Product
1. How do consumers interpret products that are named sequentially compared to
those given an entirely different name?
2. What was the lesson learned concerning brand naming for the Intel Itanium
3. The de
Is Coke the Same as It Was 127 Years Ago ? Maybe
1. What is one business reason for companies claiming that their product formulation
has not changed ?
2. What are some changes made over the years to Twinkies, KFC chicken, Coca
Cola , and Pepsi Cola ?
Luggage on Wheels Invention
1. Describe the invention that Bernard Sadow patented ?
2. What was Bob Plaths improvement on Sadows invention ?
3. What other changes (improvements) have been made since these two initial
inventions for luggage ?
Perceptual Map for [Product]
Positioning for [product]
Perceptual Map for [Product]
Presentations need the same document elements as a paper,
including an introducti
Introduction to Marketing
Put a circle around your answer for each multiple choice answer. Each question is worlh 2
points, for a total of 120 points. One extra question can apply for extra credit.
l.To serue both buyers and sellers,?narketing seeks to
1) Coca-Cola vending machines are found all over the world. The newest machines have an
interactive screen that runs advertisements and allows users to obtain free photos of
themselves and ringtones after they have bought a drink. The reason for
Can Honest Tea Say No to Coke, its Biggest Investor
What was the major advantage to Honest Tea for selling a minority interest in its
business to Coca Cola ?
What was the major advantage to Coca Cola for acquiring a minority stake in Honest
Anheuser Busch Merger Deal Clears Major Anti-Trust Hurdle
What was the basis for the Obama Administrations arguments for blocking the
Anheuser-Busch InBev deal to buy Grupo Modelo ?
What is the likely outcome of the deal struck between the Justice Departm
Food Product Containers Have Shrunk
Which feature of a product do consumers show greater sensitivity to: the quantity of product
in the package or the price of the product ?
Describe several packaging techniques (or tricks) that companies are using to dow
Red Enhances Mens Attraction to Women, Psychological Study
Describe the studies that demonstrated that men were more attracted to women in red ?
Besides attractiveness, were any other responses influenced by the color red ?
What effect did the col
Those Aqua Velva Folks Knew Something
What was the secret behind the success of Davidoff Cool Water that launched the
connection to the color blue ?
What are some of connections that consumers make to the color blue ?
This is a tough one, but if you can a
Broadway Makes the Most of Premium Pricing ?
What is dynamic pricing ?
2. Under what circumstances will dynamic pricing work ?
Under what circumstances, would you think, that dynamic pricing wouldnt
work ? Why ?
Academic Dream Team Helped Obamas Effort
Describe how both warmth (liking) and competence (authority) as influence factors
helped differentiate Obama from Romney in the last election.
What were some examples of the commitment factor used by the Obama team
The Overwhelmed Shopper
What does the author mean by the statement: choice(s) enabled me to do better, but
feel worse ?
What effect do lots of choices of goods have on those people referred to as maximizers
compared to those called satisficers ?