more closely related to humans than chimps
scientific names must be written in a certain way
genus name and species name are represented
Found in africa, rainforests do not preserve fossils well.
What is an adaptation?
- exquisitely constructed component that helps an organism survive and reproduce
What were the three postulates to Darwins theory of adaptation?
- the ability of a population to expand is infinite, but the ability of an en
Exam 2 Material
What are two reasons to study primates?
- Reasoning by homology The existence of morphological similarities between
related species means that studies of living primates often gives us more
insight into the behavior of our ancest
AIBA, Chapter 8
1. What do you think Marks is trying to get at in the first section of this chapter (What
primates can and cant tell us)?
o Primates are the creatures that connect humans to the animal kingdom
o Politically and symbolically relevant
Natural Selection (Lecture 1)
Explanations in Science
- Monocausal: one cause leading up to the phenomenon we are observing
- Multivariate: many different variables have lead to the phenomenon observed
*Question can depend on the vantage point. Parents as
Human Evolution Mid-Term Study Guide Terms and Concepts 1) Physical Anthropology: The Study of living, historic, prehistoric and fossil humans from a biological and evolutionary perspective. This includes analysis of behavior in a bicultural continuu
What skull shape would you see for each of the popular hominins?
- Pentagon House Homo erectus
- Pentagon Equal Homo heidelbergensis
- En bombe Homo neanderthalensis
- Rounded or Pentagon Parietal Bossing Homo sapiens
What are some features of a strepsirr
Artisa C. Counts
Introduction To Human Evolution
April 21 2016
In the novel entitled Your Inner Fish, author Neil Shubin shared with readers a riveting
account of a discovery made by he and his team. This discovery would have a massive impac
Artisa C. Counts
March 7 2016
Introduction to Human Evolution
My partner and I were extremely excited to receive the opportunity (and funds) to travel
to our site in the hopes of extracting some rewarding fossils that might give us additional
Feel Free To Edit Answers
Jan 19th-(chapter 1)
1. What is anthropology? How does mediation relate to it?
The study of humans as group
When pangea split, what were the two halves called?
- Northern half consisting of north america and eurasia minus india called Laurasia
- Other bottom half was called gondwanaland
Why is continental drift important to the history of the human li