1. Define it. Provide me with the history behind this specific drug.
Cannabis, also known as marijuana and by numerous other names. It is a preparation of the
Cannabis plant intended for use as a psychoactive drug or medicine. The main psychoactive part
Intro to Psychology
ACCT Professor S. Alraban
Fall 2015 2015 Final Exam
1. Which type of motivation discussed in class refers to behavior that is driven by internal rewards?
2. What type of motivation discu
1. To what extent is contemporary U.S. society still agrarian? To what extent is it industrial? In
what ways is our society postindustrial?
There is a significant danger in the concentration of power in evermore powerful governments doing the
bidding of t
Assignment # 2
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each of sociologys main approaches to doing
research: scientific sociology, interpretative sociology, and critical sociology? How does each
position offer a critique of the others?
Assignment # 5 Video
Answer the questions below:
1. What is confirmation bias?
2. What is group polarization?
3. What is the example that was used to illustrate the normative influence?
4. What is the example tha
1. Which country/culture are you going to select for your project due on week 10?
2. Why did you choose this specific culture/country? Provide reasons.
The cultural patterns of Pakistan speak of our rich cultural heritage and traditions. The cult
Q# Please Identify examples of pluralism, assimilation, segregation, and genocide. Please provide what
types of people would fall under each categories. Please provide examples of sociological and
psychological ways of preventing each situation, and what
1 - Explain the difference between material culture and nonmaterial
culture. How does one affect the expression of the other?
The difference between material and non-material culture is that material culture is easily lost into
cultural universals wh
Define and distinguish primary groups and secondary groups. Provide examples of primary and
secondary groups to which you have belonged.
A primary group is typically a small social group (small-scale society) whose members share close, personal,
Assignment # 1 Intro to Sociology
1. What are the benefits of studying sociology? That is, in what ways does understanding the
social world make us better people? Better citizens? Better prepared for our careers?
The Benefits that I personally see is that
1. What are the statuses that you currently hold? Point to several you have gained over time and
several you have lost. To what extent is each ascribed and achieved? Does any have enough
importance to be considered a master status?
Status, implies the pos
1. What are the differences between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation? Please explain to me
which type of motivation you strongly believe is better towards upward success.
Extrinsic motivation is an outer type of motivation. For inst
Reading Assignment 4
On slide 34 from your attached weekly reading, includes a graph about deaths in alcohol-related traffic
accidents has generally declined since the 1980s (Morris & Maistro, p141). I want you to provide me with
a brief analysis of why t
Video Documentary Assignment
1. After watching the video, what were the 4 main drugs used individually with each person in the
Answer: Four main drug used in this video;
2. What did each drug do to their thinking
Assignment # 5
Q1 John B. Watson believed that fears are learned via experience. Do you agree/disagree with
Watson's belief on fear? Please explain your reasoning behind it with examples
Answer: Experience is a combination of personal involvement in a sit
Assignment # 07
1- Define the social science aspects of learning. Describe the elements of classical conditioning,
distinguishing among unconditioned stimulus, unconditioned response, conditioned stimulus
and conditioned response.
Social science, any disc
1. What was the social theory in the film?
Social learning theory is the view that people learn by observing others. Associated with Albert
Bandura's work in the 1960s, social learning theory explains how people learn new behaviors,
values, and attitudes.
1. Describe to me how "Stress also affects the functioning of the immune system.
The immune system is the body's type of defense. It is contained organs, tissues, cells and cell
items that all work together to battle destructive substances like the pathog
Chapters 1,2,3,4 and chapters 6.
Spring 2016 ACCT
1. What might a sociologist say about peoples selection of marriage partners?
a. People marry because they fall in love.
b.When it comes to romanc