1. Traditional manual purchasing system is a paper-based system. The arrival of
information technology, personal computers, and local area networks has made
this purchasing system more efficient in transmitting th
1.Facility decisions determines the efficient flow of goods through various
locations such as production facilities, offices, distribution centers, and retail
sites./It will be expensive to move or shut down the
TICKET TO EMEA:
Italy Team Recommendation
29:620:368:03 Spring 2015
SUMMARY: As the international consultants of STL, our mission is to find the ideal country for
STLs first FDI. After much consideration, we have decided to choose F
1. Customer relationship CRM is only for marketing types and has nothing to do
2. Customer segmentation is used so that
companies can focus on specific customer characteristics that will help them
better service those customers
3. It is a m
1. MRP is a short range planning tool
tool used to plan components and parts to support the MPS
2. Why might Pull system
because they dont want to make the product into they have a real demand
3. Closed loop MRP
All the above
4. ERP is an
1. Lean production and six sigma cant work together as its pertains to SCM.
2. 3PLs often do the following
All of the above
3. When dealing internationally freight terms are much more complicated. For that
reason there are international terms known
1. SCM is not involving customers for product sold to them
2. SCM is important because it helps lower coverall costs; contribute to improve
3. A first tier supplier: supplies product or services directly to the buyer
4. The bullwhip effect is caused becau
1. storing goods/transporting goods from suppliers to buyers/deliver goods to
3. motor,rail,water,air,and pipeline carriers/ least expensive: water
carriers/expensive: air carriers/less expensive: rail
Whirlpool Case Assignment
Group member: Chen Ge, Kaihao Qiao, Honghu Huang
1. Supplier needs to be with strong experiences and capabilities in the area of DC
2. Supplier should meet at least the minimum qual
1. To improve quality and increase productivity. To reduce wastes and eliminate
defects. To reduce costs and shorten cycle time. To meet the requirements of
quality management system. to increase then customer va
1.Managing the activities that related to the flow of goods. It includes
manufacturing raw materials to final products.
2.Local sandwich or bicycle shop also practices supply chain management and
they can concentrate on
1. The dependent demand is based on the parts that are used for the final
product. It is calculated after deciding on the final product of the organization.
Like the subassemblies, components, and raw materials.
1.University is a plqace that earns revenue by transmitting knowledge to
students. It is a service sector and it is a pure service organization.
3. Goods firms produce the products that are tangible. Customer
1.A structure developed to maintain and interact with the existing and
prospective customers. /In order to maintain long-term relationship with the
customers and create lifetime value, to manage the competition an
1.In order to avoid the additional capital expenses.
3.Master production schedule describes the quantity of the product that will be
produced in specific period. Material requirements plan is the detailed plannin
1.Demand management: A set of activities that help in managing the consumer
demand for the product.
3.a. deals with the right quantity of products
b. reduces the level of inventories, stock outs, and costs.