CHAPTER 1COVALENT BONDING AND SHAPES OF MOLECULES
1. How many electrons can the shell with a principal quantum number of 1 hold?
2. How many electrons can the shell with a principal quantum number of 2 hold?
CHAPTER 4ACIDS AND BASES
3. Which of the following is the correct order of decreasing basicity (stronger base > weaker base)?
a. NH3 > MeNH2 > H2O > HF
b. MeNH2 > NH3 > MeOH > CH4
c. NH3 > Me3N > H2O > MeOH
d. CH3COONa > NaOH > NaOMe > NaN
CHAPTER 5ALKENES: BONDING, NOMENCLATURE, AND PROPERTIES
1. What is the approximate value of the CCC bond angle in propene?
2. What is the approximate value of the HCH bonds angle in ethene?
CHAPTER 3STEREOISOMERISM AND CHIRALITY
1. Which of the following is the definition of a pair of enantiomers?
a. A pair of structures that are superposable mirror images of one another
b. A pair of stereoisomers that are non-superposable mi
CHAPTER 11ETHERS, EPOXIDES, AND SULFIDES
1. Which of the following are ethers?
only 1 and 2
only 1 and 4
only 1, 2 and 3
1, 2, 3 and 4
2. Which of the following are epoxides?
only 2 and 3
only 3 and 4
only 2, 3 and
1. What is the approximate COH bond angle of an alcohol?
2. What is the approximate CCO bond angle of ethanol?
3. Which of the following is/are secondary (2) alco
CHAPTER 12INFRARED SPECTROSCOPY
1. Which of the following regions in the electromagnetic spectrum corresponds to the radiation with the
a. radio waves
2. Which of the following r
2. What is the approximate CCC bond angle in propyne?
3. How many alkynes are there with the molecular formula C6H10?
4. How many terminal alkynes are there with
CHAPTER 13NUCLEAR MAGNETIC RESONANCE SPECTROSCOPY
1. Which feature in the 1H NMR spectrum provides information about the number of types of different
protons in a compound?
a. number of signals
d. chemical shift
CHAPTER 9NUCLEOPHILIC SUBSTITUTION AND BETA-ELIMINATION
1. Which of the following reactions corresponds to a substitution?
a. propene 1,2-dibromopropane
b. 1-iodopropane propene
c. propene propane
d. 1-iodopropane 1-bromopropane
CHEM 241 (Davis) Organic Chemistry II
Friday December 14, 2007
DISCUSSION SECTION #
Initial of last name
Please fill in your name in the space above and on the next page
Please put your discussion section
PRACTICE EXAM QUESTIONS: CARBONYL CHEMISTRY MODULE
Predict the reaction products for the following reactions. You should be able to write
curly-arrow mechanisms for each reaction.
H 2 SO 4
Get access to read online PDF Ebook Library
STANDARDIZED ORGANIC CHEMISTRY EXAM
STANDARDIZED ORGANIC CHEMISTRY EXAM Free Download - standardized organic
chemistry exam PDF. If you trying to find ebook search around for online. Without a doubt there
Page 1 of 13
CHEM 2220 Organic Chemistry II: Reactivity and Synthesis
Prof. P.G. Hultin, Dr. H. Luong
FINAL EXAM Winter Session 2013R
Saturday April 13, 2013 1:30 pm 4:30 pm
Frank Kennedy Gold Gym
Students are permitted to bring into the
SYLLABUS for CHEMISTRY 2310
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY 1
Lectures: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8:35 AM-9:25 AM HEB 2008
Discussion: (a) Th 7:30-8:20 AM HEB 2008
(b) Th 8:35-9:25 HEB 2008
(c) Additional Discussion (Rainier): W 6:30-7:30 PM HEB 2008
(d) SI Sessions
Grade 11 Chemistry (30s)
Final Practice examination
Grade 11 Chemistry (30s)
Final Practice Examination
the final examination will be weighted as follows
the format of the examination wi
Practice First Hour Exam, Chem 2210, Organic Chemistry 1
1. Which of the following bonds is the shortest?
2. Which of the following is NOT a valid resonance structure of the others?
3. What functional groups are present in
At a Glance
Electron energy levels: atomic spectra, quantum
numbers, atomic orbitals
Description of the Examination
Periodic relationships, including, for example,
atomic radii, ionization energies, electron affinities,
Organic Chemistry 2443-01
February 23, 2009
ONE - MAKE-UP 1 - ANSWER
Xxxx / 100
1. (16 pts) Using the empirical formula C8H18, draw the structure of 4 (four) different isomers that have
exactly 6 carbon atoms in t
Alexander (Sandy) Wurthmann
Office: A134 Cook Physical Sciences tel: 656-8999
Welcome to Organic Chemistry. The reactions and structures you learn throughout this
semester are cumulati
Organic Chemistry II
Note: The Student Manual was prepared primarily for individualized-study
students. Students who are taking this course with seminar support or
through a co-operating institution should be aware that some o
Organic Chemistry Exam II notes
Index of Hydrogen Deficiency (IHD)
A)From a structure:
B)From a molecular formula, CcHhNnOoXx,
Formula for saturated hydrocarbons:
Subtract the number of hydrogens t
Chem 227 / Dr. Rusay / Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution Reactions
Clearly indicate the chemically equivalent carbon atoms and the chemically equivalent hydrogen
atoms for the starting compound including multiplicity o
Exam Physical Organic Chemistry (6MSM10)
Wednesday January 28, 2015 13.30—16.30 h
This exam consists of 5 questions (100. points). Explain your answers clearly.
1 Bonding and Stability. 2% pt
Acy/ cations (R - 0+: 0) are key intermediates in Friedel — C
Student ID number:
Synthetic Methods in Organic Chemistry
Please write your name at the top of every page. Please write your Student ID
number at the top of the first page, right below your name.
March 19, 2013
Organic Chemistry 335
I will not accept answers on scratch paper
This exam is 110 minutes long (8-9:50). I will post a key on D2L when I have all the exams back. There
will be no make-up exams. A missed final will result in an in