Review for Exam 1
1. The following cost data for the month of May were taken from the records of the Paducah
Based upon this information, the manufacturing cost incurred during the month was:
QA Module 7 Chapter Problems
For an assignment model problem to be balanced the number of sources (or people) is equal to the
number of destinations (or jobs) (Render, 2015).
A1, B1, C1 are the number of loads from Plant 1 to construction sites A,
Case Study 1
1. What are the chances of getting 15 days of rain during the next 30 days?
Chance of rain 70% Chance of sun 30%
Probability of success r=n!/r!(n-r)! (pr(qn-r)
N=number of days = 30
R=number of successes (rain in this case) = 15
P = chance of
Critical path analysis uses the longest time any path through the network takes. Critical path takes the
earliest possible start time, the latest possible start time, the earliest possible end time and the latest
possible end time to determine the le
I chose to consider the number or percentage of people who had employment based health insurance
coverage and the correlation with those people having a college degree. For those with a college
degree, 78.9% had the option of employment based health insur
Strategic Games are used in economics every day. The first step in participating in
strategic games is to define the players and the possible outcomes. Then one can use Nashs
equilibrium to determine the best possible outcomes for each player. The idea on
There are many ways to quantify the risks and potential profits when considering a new deal. Using a
decision tree, one can determine what the best-case scenarios and the worst-case scenarios are and the
possibility of those occurrences. Using this inform
Ch 4 Problems
The coefficient of determination is the percent of the variability in the dependent variable (Y) that is
explained by the regression equation (Render, 2015, pg. 137). The coefficient of determination
expresses how well a specific model a
Introduction to Agreement:
o Contracts are agreements between parties
o An agreement is created when one party accepts an offer from another party
- Assent can be oral or written or implied by the conduct of parties
o Without mutual assent the
Things to know:
Difference between UCC and Common Law in regards to transactions and contracts
Common Law of Contracts: Services, Real
Estate, Insurance, Intangible things
UCC: Sale of goods (tangible things that are
movable at their time
Arredando, Patricia. "Latino/Hispanic communities and Mental Health." Mental Health America.
Arizona State University, 01 Feb. 1970. Web. 09 Mar. 2017.
The author starts by explaining the reason she picked mental health as a career
BY: Dylan Prassl, Truc Nguyen, Akshar Patel, Biying
Wang, and Sahil Parikh
TJX Background and
Leading discount retailer
of apparel and
home goods worldwide with more than
Generates income from sale of goods.
CH. 13 Foreign Currency Derivatives and Hedging Activities *
As noted on the syllabus, the reading assignment for chapter 13 is pages 439-447.
A derivative is the name given to a broad range of financial securities whose common
Individual Income Tax Computation and Tax Credits
True / False Questions
Both the width (or range) of the tax brackets (the amount of income taxed at a particular
rate) in the tax rate schedules and the range of the tax rates in the tax rate
True / False Questions
The profit motive distinguishes "business" activities from "personal" activities.
All business expense deductions are claimed above the line.
All investment expenses ar
Extra Credit: Political Advertising (1 point)
NAME: Catherine Saavedra
Who Developed the Ad?
(Who is the sponsor of
the ad? You may have to
look at words printed on
Working Capital Management
Chapter 13 (4th edition)
1. Estimate future cash inflows and outflows
2. Generate a pro forma cash position
3. Identify how to cover cash deficits/surpluses
Deficits: minimum liquidity
Space, Place, Location
Professor Carrie Mott
26 March 2017
Extra Credit: Concerning Violence Screening Thoughts
I thought the documentary was extremely interesting. It was very gruesome to see some
of the im
o A budget is the quantitative expression of a proposed plan of action by management
for a specified period
o A budget is an aid to coordinate what needs to be done to implement that plan
o A roa
SEGMENT REPORTING AND INTERIM REPORTING
Segmental Reporting provides financial statement users with disaggregated data about the nature or
timing of firms capital investments and investment outcomes, thereby reducing uncertainty.
INTERCOMPANY TRANSACTIONS PROPERTY, PLANT & EQUIPMENT
Intercompany gains & losses from sales of property,
plant, & equipment must be eliminated (deferred) until
either realized, or the asset is sold to outside the
INTERCOMPANY TRANSACTIONS - INVENTORY
I. DOWNSTREAM SALES
Example 1 - (No Unrealized profits in Inventory)
The following information summarizes the relation and transactions
between P Company and S Company during 20X1.
P Company sells all goo
The Acquiring Company and the Legal Acquirer
In most mergers, determination as to which company is the acquiring
company and which is the target company is self-evident. In these
cases the accounting acquirer is the same as the legal acquirer.
Foreign Currency Financial Statements
Local Currency - The currency used by the country in which the subsidiary is located. The
books of most subsidiaries will be maintained in the local currency.