What is the difference between HoRea and mass-market channels of distribution
Why was Emanuel Caranado hesitant to adopt the European launch model for
Four Main Organizational Units
o Global business units
o Market devel
IB 409 Exam 1 Fall 2014
1. Briefly describe how a fronting loan benefits an American multinational
2. Name three sources of working capital for a multinational corporation.
3. What is a facilitating payment?
4. Ikea took numerous steps in res
Managing in a Crisis
Financial Management Strategies in a High Risk Environment
The following guidelines have been assembled from experience learned the hard way over
nearly 30 years of global experience. Without proactive management high inflation and
IB409 Exam 1 Spring 2015
1. Briefly describe how companies with extensive intellectual property like Microsoft or Merck
are able to shelter global income through the use of offshore financial centers like Ireland.
2. Why would the business unit mana
Kuhne and Nagle Case
1. Who or what is the decision maker or chief protagonist in the case? It normally
is an individual, but can also be an organization, business or company. What are
the roles and responsibilities of the protagonist?
a. Kuhe and Nagle i
Advertising, E-commerce and Digital Platform Dominance
Not originally designed to be a marketing platform. Primary focus was defense
and was restricted to universities and scientific research laboratories.
Congress privatized it in 1995 creat
a) Mr. Ortega and Zara are the protagonists in the case. Mr. Ortega is responsible for Zaras
manufacturing strategy that has revolutionized the company.
b) Zara has developed a highly responsive supply chain that lets them create clothes as
1. A commodity that consists of currencies
issued by countries other than ones own
2. The marketplace where currencies
3. The act of exchanging or t
Wallgreen Company triggered a political storm recently when it
said it was considering buying part of the UK company Alliance
Boots that it didnt already own. They estimated they could save
some $797 million in U.S. taxes by moving th
A short primer
Used in many countries outside the USA including the European
Union, Mexico, Canada, Australia, Singapore, Japan and many others.
Also known as a goods and services tax or a tax on the value-adde
d or o
Private Equity Glossary
Typical sale process where bidders submit non-binding bids based on
information provided in a confidential information memorandum. The
most interesting bidders are invited to the second round, which includes
access to the d