Econ 3320, Second Exam
The first bank of the United States
Had a 20-year charter
Was a joint private-public enterprise
Did not have its charter renewed
All of the above
The President who was primarily responsible for the dissolution of the sec
1. U.S. currency is printed by
a. Each individual Federal Reserve Bank
b. The Bureau of the mint
c. The Bureau of Engraving and Printing
d. Private printing firms under contract
2. The life expectancy of a one-dollar bill is
a. 1.5 ye
1. The foreign exchange rate, from the viewpoint of the US is the:
a. exchange of US goods for foreign goods
b. amount of imports coming into the US
c. currency of other countries
d. amount of exports we send to other countries
e. amount of foreign curren
DODD-FRANK WALL STREET REFORM AND CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT - 2010
Establishes Financial Stability Oversight Council
Provides for the orderly liquidation of systemically important, failing financial companies
Prohibits taxpayer bailouts
Money & Banking
Exam 3 from Summer 2006
1. The Chairman of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors:
a. is the president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
b. is the Secretary of the Treasury
c. is the Chairman of the Presidents Council of Econ. Advise
Single Banks In a multibank system, single banks can create additional demand deposits by an amount
equal to its holdings of its excess reserves. In other words, a single bank lends out its excess reserves.
May create deposits by
COMMERCIAL AND SAVINGS BANKS IN PUTNAM COUNTY, TENNESSEE
American Bank & Trust (Livingston, TN)- Originally Dale Hollow Savings & Loan Association
Bank of Putnam County (Cookeville & Monterey, TN) Established in 1901 as Bank of
ECON 3320, ASSIGNMENT #11
(5 points, Due Fri., April 21)
1. What is the former name of the Republic of Nauru?
2. Who is acting U. S. Trade Representative?
3. Who is currently Managing Director of the IMF?
ECON 3320, ASSIGNMENT #10
Due Friday, April 14
1. A fifth currency was added to the SDR currency basket in 2016. What is that currency?
2. Bretton Woods is at the base of what mountain?
3. There are 189 countries that
ALTERNATIVE FINANCIAL SECTOR
1. Payday Loan Companies or Cash Advance Companies. Tennessee law refers to them as
deferred presentment services.
2. Title Pawn Companies
3. Rent-to-Own Companies
4. Refund Anticipation Loans
5. Internet Lenders
6. Reverse Mo
Money and Banking Final
The newest member of the IMF and the newest country is
c. South Sudan
The April 2012 Summit of the Americas meeting was held in
The most re
COMMUNITY REINVESTMENT ACT (1977)
1. See supplemental page The Truth About the Community Reinvestment Act
2. Redlining What is it?
3. Sources of information
a. www.ffiec.gov FFIEC = Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council
Banking Act of 1933 (Glass-Steagall)
1. Created FDIC as temporary agency
2. Separated commercial and investment banking functions. Repealed by GrammLeach-Bliley Act -1999
3. Mandated Federal Reserve Regulation Q prohibiting interest on demand deposits.
FEDERAL RESERVE INCOME AND EXPENSES PLUS FEDERAL RESERVE BALANCE
In 2014 Federal Reserve Banks paid $98.7 billion to U. S. Treasury. This breaks the record of
$88.4 billion set in 2012.
Net income was $105 billion
Interest on Securities
Louis larger and stronger then Mica threatens to hit Mica before
hitting and injuring him. Mica files a suit against Louis for
assault and battery. Mica will most likely recover for
Assault and battery
The commerce clause express grant of exclusive author