Chapter 8 classwork questions
1. Walt Rostow identified different stages of economic development. What characterizes Stage 3?
a. The majority of people are employed in the primary sector with very few in the secondary and tertiary
Chapter 9 questions, both class work (parts 1 and 2) and homework
1. Where was the wheel invented five thousand years ago?
a. Middle East
d. A and C
2. For centuries what was the easiest way to move people and good
5. People who derive their individual and collective sustenance from the flora and fauna that the region
produces naturally are called what?
b. Off the grid
d. None of the above
1. Which of
Ch5P1: Q1. The translation from inert material to resource occurs through technical change and what?
c. Social benefit
The Hubert Curve is used to:
a) predict a peak in oil production in th
Q1: T.R.Malthus introduced one of the following:
a. Natural checks that bring population growth into alignment with the food supply.
b. Social Darwinism based on the idea of the survival of the fittest.
c. A belief that worlds population could c
Q1. What is the estimated number of humans that left Africa to populate the world?
a. 3,000 people
b. 4,000 people
c. 5,000 people
d. 6,000 people
Q2. The total world population did not exceed ten million people before the advent of _.
1. How many years ago does the Big Bang Theory approximate the beginning of our universe?
a. 13.7 billion years ago
b. 7.3 billion years ago
c. 3.7 billion years ago
d. 2.3 billion years ago
2. The Sun is the center of our planetary system. From
Chapter 7 Classwork and homework questions
4. According to the text, the primary sector is very much influenced by what?
5. All of the following are true regarding the 17th century
The Title of the Paper Is Centered
ART 1030 Intro to Art
Your name & Section #
LAST NAME, FIRST NAME SHORT TITLE (50 CHARACTERS OR LESS)
Title of Paper Gets Repeated Here Exactly As It Appears On Title Page
Begin here with an introduction to your paper. I