1. Hair combs were selling at a special price of 2 for $3.50. How many combs would you purchase for $12.25?
2. During this year's midnight sale, the bedding department sold 625 bedspreads. Last year only 480 were sold. What was
the percent increase?
Part 4: Markdowns and Maintained Markup
Initital Cost $ Initial Retail $
Chapter 7 Summary Problems
1. Net sales for the hosiery department in May were $30,620. Book inventory at the end of the month showed that $97,831
should be on hand. Physical inventory showed $97,560. Determine shortage or overage percent (specify which).
Chapter 8 Summary Problems_x000D_
1. Planned sales for June this year are $120,000. Last year, the actual sales for June were $110,000.
Determine the planned sales increase in sales for the month.
2. Establishe a six-month percentage sales curve
Part 1: Buy plan
The knit department will be running an ad on short sleeve cotton tee shirts. The buyer estimates she
will need 1,200 units for her ten stores. She must maintain the department mark up goal of 52%.
Her past selling indicates the following