Chapter 5 Assessment
1. Which of the following is not an important factor when included as part of network design?
2. All of the following are elements of network design except:
3. Which IT infrastructure domain does not require
1. An outsider needs access to a resource hosted on your extranet. The outsider is a
stranger to you, but one of your largest distrubtors vouches for him. If you allow him
access to the resource, this is known as implementing what?
C. Trusted third party
1. When crafting firewall rules determining what to allow versus what it block is primarily
dependent on what factor?
B: Business tasks
2. The first step in determining what to allow and what to block in a firewall's rule set is:
E: Creating an inventory
1. What types of internet threats are considered passive, in the sense that the user must
seek them out to be harmed.
A: Malicious Websites
C: Downloaded content
E: Trojan horses
2. Average home users and workers at a large corporation can both benefit fr
1._Provide(s) secure communications between external users and internal servers located
behind a firewall.
2. A desirable feature of an operating system-based VPN is the ablility to refer to remote servers
by their network address tra
1. TCP is an acronym that stands for what?
Transmission Control Protocol
2. UDP is an acronym that stands for what?
User Datagram Protocol
3. The File Transfer Protocol (FTP) uses which transport protocol, TCP or UDP?
4. The PING diagnostic is part of