1Environment, Sustainability, and Science
Earth Day, Hope Day
Can we alter current environmental trends?
1.1 Environment and Sustainability
You may use the word environment to describe where you are and everything
around you. Scientists have
1 Reading Questions
Which one of the following organisms has had the greatest impact on the environment?
Which one of the following is an example of environmental sustainability?
1. mining rare minerals to create co
4 Reading Questions
The cells of all plants have _ .
1. chloroplasts and mitochondria and use carbohydrates to power their functions
2. chloroplasts but not mitochondria and use proteins to power their functions
3. chloroplasts but not mitochondria and us
3 Reading Questions
Isotopes of an element differ from each other by the _ .
1. number of neutrons
2. number of protons
3. number of electrons
4. types of electrons
Which one of the following statements about pH is correct?
1. Baking soda has more H+ ions