1. The term psychotherapy refers to the:
treatment towards loss of a child
treatment of the psychosis
treatment of the mind
treatment from the offense
2. A majority of inma
The Prison Experience
1. In prison, gangs are organized primarily to:
a. control an institutions drug trade.
b. control gambling and extortion within the institution.
c. control debt-collection rackets within the insti
Chapter 19: Race, Ethnicity, and Corrections
Race, Ethnicity, and Corrections
1. Those with a felony conviction are not allowed to vote. This is referred to as:
1. An innovative neighborhood-based approach for reducing crime and increasing public safety is:
a. restorative justice.
b. community justice.
c. community surveillance.
d. broken windows theory.
Chapter 16: Making It: Supervision in the Community
Making It: Supervision in the Community
1. Originally, parole officers worked directly for the:
d. parole board
Chapter 12: Incarceration of Women
Incarceration of Women
1. According to the authors, in the correctional system women are known as the:
a. fragile offenders.
b. minority offenders.
c. pink-collar offenders.
d. forgotten offend
Release from Incarceration
1. In the wake of the tough on crime over the past three decades, the number of parolees
remained the same
2. The decision to release an
Chapter 13: Institutional Management
1. A structure established for the purpose of influencing behavior in order to achieve particular ends
is known as a/an:
a. informal organization.
b. formal organizat
Chapter 20: The Death Penalty
The Death Penalty
1. The belief that executions of wrongdoers deters others from committing the crime reflects:
a. a moral belief.
b. a utilitarian belief.
c. an incapacitative belief.
d. a restorat
Chapter 5: The Law of Corrections
The Law of Corrections
1. A writ of habeas corpus requests an examination of the legality of_.
c. length of sentence
OBJ: 1, 3
2. Money or
Chapter 17: Corrections for Juveniles
Corrections for Juveniles
1. The procedures of juvenile corrections incorporate:
a. firm due process rules.
b. informality and discretionary decision making.
c. strict judicial precedent.
1. Between 1970 and 2005 the U.S. prison population grew by:
2. What region within the United States has the lowest incarc