56. Seed plants are
a. all homosporous. b. mostly homosporous with some heterosporous.
c. mostly heterosporous with some homosporous. @all heterosporous.
57. Besides the seed, what other major structure diminishes a plant’s reliance on water for
Quiz # 2 Biology 1407 24 - (Fungi)
Name: I .h . Spring 2016
1) During sexual reproducuon, heterokaryotic hyphae posses
a. 2N nuclei b. 1N nuclei c. no nuclei .N+1n nuclei
2). All fungi are
a. prokaryotes b. Archae c. unicellular .ukaryotes
3) The mo
a. lichen b. nitrogen-fixation @mycorrhizal d. pathogenic
11. In most fungi, karyogamy does not immediately follow plasmogamy, which consequently
a. allows fungi to reproduce asexually for a while
@results in heterokaryotic or dikaryotic cells ( 1N+1N)
Lecture Quiz # 3 Biology 1407 Seedless Plants and Gymnosperms
single celled oogonium containing eggs.
uard cells creating stomata for gas exchange in the leaves and stems
multicellular, dependent embryos
Q} The follo
Lecture Quiz # 1 Biology 1407 Viruses & Prokaryotes
1. Bacteria are responsible for providing a useable form of what element to plants and animals
that is essential for protein synthesis?
a. Carbon b. sulfur @ﬂtrogen d. chlorine
17. The develop of surface coating colonies of bacteria due the adherence of colonies, such as
plaque on yourteeth, is known as
a. Recombinations b. extremophiles (g) biofilms d.proteobacteria
18. Heterocyst in cyanobacteria are sites where occurs.
,af haploid sperm cells C. haploid spores
48) Sporangium in bryophytes and seépless vascular plants release
5. diploid spores
. diploid eggs
49) Assuming these structures belong to a moss plant, arrange the following structures from
physically largest to
d. They are the smallest living cells
Which of these structure enable bacteria to adhere to each other or to surfaces
Capsules c. endospores
nucleoid d. flagella
Bacterial cells may produce which are released from the bac
11. The pulmo-cutaneous respiratory system is unique in
a.Amphioxus b.turtles c.tunicates .amphibians
reptiles, birds and mammals are distinguished from amphibians by their
12. The ,
terrestrially adapted egg.
a. ostracoderms b. gnathostomes @amniote
Biology 1407 Quiz # 8
1. Which of the following is not contained in the Phylum Chordata?
(a: Echinodermata b. Vertebrata c. Urochordata cl. Cephalochordata
2. Members of Chondrichthyes differ from members of Osteichthyes by the members of
Biology 140 3 Quiz # 9 _ Spring 2016
1. Mammals have high rates of body metabolism and thus are capable of maintaining a fairly
constant body temperature, they are known as
a. Ectotherm @endotherms c.constotherms‘ d.heat sinks
2. Features that are uniqu
11. The tomato horn worm is the larvae of a moth that can completely eat your tomato plant to
the ground, this caterpillar would be classified as a
a. Omnivore b. parasite @rerbivore d. carnivore
12. Animals that have a sac body plan in which the digestiv
32. The crop and gizzard found in the Class Oligochaeta is used to
@store and grind food b. muscular contraction for locomotion
c. sense predators d. attach to rocks
33. An animal with a ciliated corona which aids the uptake of food, a mastax for grinding
Chapters 27 & 28 Quiz # 7 Name: W
21. Which “worm" lacks any digestive , respiratory, or circulatory systems?
a. pianaria .tapeworm
c. nematodes d. leeches
22. The chitinous, hairlike, projections that aid many annelids in their locomotion are known
Biology 1407 Quiz # 6
Chapter 27 — Animal Diversity & part of 28 - invertebrates
1. Which of the following is n_ot a_common feature to most animals?
@sexual reproduction b. specialized tissue development
c. fixed body plan develop due to embryonic tissue
11. Which of the following Phylum(s) are known to be 'filter-feeders’?
a. Platyhelminthes b. Cnidaria c. Rotifers @ Porifera
12. Cnidarians whose body plan result in the mouth opening oriented upwards are exhibiting a
a. medusa @. polyp c. psue