Chapter 8 Key Terms
1. wind - Air in motion measured relative to the Earths rotating surface.
2. force - A push or pull on an object computed as mass times acceleration.
3. Newtons second law of motion - A net force is required to cause a unit mass of a
1. contrails - Bright white streamers of ice crystals that form in the exhaust of jet aircraft;
short for condensation trails.
2. cloud - A visible suspension of minute water droplets and/or ice crystals in the
atmosphere above the Earths surface. Clouds
Chapter 6 Key Terms
atmospheric river (AR) - Relatively narrow bands of concentrated water vapor transported in the
lower atmosphere, and responsible for most horizontal air flow of water vapor outside the
global water cycle - The ceaseless movem
Chapter 5 Key Terms
force - A push or pull on an object computed as mass times acceleration.
Daltons law - A scientific law that states that the total pressure exerted by a mixture of gases is
equal to the sum of the partial pressures of each constituent