The 1900 Galveston Hurricane: The Most Devastating Storm in U.S. History
Julia Pittman 0291242
14 April 2017
The 1900 Galveston hurricane is considered the most devastating
hurricane in American History in terms of loss of life. The lack of mo
Chapter 8 Key Terms
1. wind - Air in motion measured relative to the Earths rotating surface.
2. force - A push or pull on an object computed as mass times acceleration.
3. Newtons second law of motion - A net force is required to cause a unit mass of a
1. contrails - Bright white streamers of ice crystals that form in the exhaust of jet aircraft;
short for condensation trails.
2. cloud - A visible suspension of minute water droplets and/or ice crystals in the
atmosphere above the Earths surface. Clouds
Chapter 6 Key Terms
atmospheric river (AR) - Relatively narrow bands of concentrated water vapor transported in the
lower atmosphere, and responsible for most horizontal air flow of water vapor outside the
global water cycle - The ceaseless movem
Chapter 5 Key Terms
force - A push or pull on an object computed as mass times acceleration.
Daltons law - A scientific law that states that the total pressure exerted by a mixture of gases is
equal to the sum of the partial pressures of each constituent