General Purpose: To Persuade
Specific Purpose: To persuade my audience that the common core curriculum should be nullified.
Central idea: The common core curriculum has issues such as, the funding of the program, the lack of
diversity, and the e
1. Why is it important to draw on your own knowledge and experience in gathering material for
I will perform better on my speech by being familiar with the subject.
2. What are five resources for finding what you need in t
1. What is nonverbal communication? Why is it important to effective public speaking?
It is communication based on a person's use of voice and body. To deliver your speech
effectively and to increase the impact of your verbal message.
2. What ar
26 January 2015
Ch. 15 Review Questions
1. What are the four types of informative speeches discussed in the chapter? Give an
example of a good specific purpose statement for each type.
2. Why must informative speakers be
Ch.3 Review Questions
1. What is the difference between hearing and listening?
Listening is paying close attention, making sense of what we hear. Hearing is the
vibration of sound waves that our eardrums feel.
2. How is listening connected with
General Purpose: To inform
Specific Purpose: To inform my audience how to rope.
Central Idea: How to rope is a task that requires knowing the parts of the rope, how to make the
loop, and how to throw the rope.
I. What could you do i
17 February 2016
Ch. 9 Review Questions
1. Why is it important that speeches be organized clearly and coherently?
It makes it easier for the audience to grasp your views and ideas about your speech and
you can deliver a c
General Purpose: To Inform
Specific Purpose: To inform my audience about the Mexican Folklore La Llorona.
Central Idea: The folklore of "La Llorona" describes what happen, how does the main character
looks like and it originates in Mexico, where
THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, THIS IS JUST TO HELP;
DO NOT USE THIS AS YOUR JOURNAL, YOU WILL
NOT GET CREDIT.
(side note: if you already know what broad category you want to do for each
speech, you will only have 4 total topics, purpose statements and thesis
In-text citation Help
If your class requires you to cite your sources orally as part of your
speech delivery, here are some tips. When you are delivering your
speech, your citations must come before you state your evidence.
Since your sources and your evi