CHAPTER 11: PROCESS SELECTION AND FACILITY LAYOUT
1. Flexible manufacturing systems can handle a large variety of dissimilar products. 2. Productivity technology is applied technological innovation. False True False False
3. Product layouts usually
STUDY OUTLINE FOR CHAPTER 6 PROCESS SELECTION AND FACILITY LAYOUT
1. What three primary questions bear on process selection? 1) 2) 3) 2. What are the two key aspects of an organizations process strategy?
3. There are different kinds of technology. W
STUDY OUTLINE FOR CHAPTER 15S MAINTENANCE
1. Name four reasons for maintenance 1) 2) 3) 4) 2. List four adverse consequences of maintenance 1) 2) 3) 4) 3. Contrast breakdown maintenance and preventive maintenance.
4. Name three ways preventiv
STUDY OUTLINE FOR CHAPTER 15 JIT AND LEAN OPERATIONS
1. What is a just-in-time system?
2. Explain these terms: Lean operations
Poya-yoke 3. What is the ultimate goal in JIT?
4. List the su
STUDY OUTINE FOR CHAPTER 14 MRP AND ERP
1. For which type of operation is MRP most appropriate?
2. Define the term dependent demand.
3. What is material requirements planning?
4. Briefly describe the three inputs for MRP. 1) 2) 3)
STUDY OUTLINE FOR CHAPTER 11 SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
1. What is a supply chain?
2. What is a value chain? What are its two components?
3. What is the goal of supply chain management?
4. List eight reasons for the need for supply chain management.
Summary This chapter outlines the framework for the maintenance and creation of shareholder wealth, which should be the goal of the firm and its managers. The commonly accepted goal of profit maximization is contrasted with the more complete goal of