WEEK 3 - ASSIGNMENT
Chapter 3 Review Question 1 All Bullets (Page 116)
Which features of organizations do managers need to know about to build and use
information systems successfully? What is the impact of information systems on
WEEK 1 - ASSIGNMENT
1. Read Chapter 1 of the Text and Complete
Chapter 1 Discussion Question 1 (Page 35)
Information systems are too important to be left to computer specialists.
Do you agree? Why or why not?
Information Systems are not too important to b
WEEK 6 - ASSIGNMENT
Chapter 7 Review Question 1 All Bullets (Page 286)
1. What are the principal components of telecommunications networks and key networking
Describe the features of a simple network and the network infrastructure
WEEK 5 - ASSIGNMENT
Chapter 6 Review Question 1 - All Bullets (Page 239)
1. What are the problems of managing data resources in a traditional file enviromentand
how are they solved by a database management system?
List and describe each of the components
WEEK 9 - ASSIGNMENT
1. Read Chapters 13 and 14 of the Text and Complete
Chapter 13 Review Question 1 All Bullets (Page 520)
Describe each of the four kinds of organizational change that can be promoted with information
Chapter 4 When Radiation Therapy Kills Case Study - All Bullets (Page 159)
1. What concepts in the chapter are illustrated in this case? What ethical issues are raised
by radiation technology?
Ethics is a concern of humans who have freedom of choice. Resp
WEEK 2 - ASSIGNMENT
Chapter 2 Review Question 1 - All Bullets (Page 73)
1. What are business processes? How are they related to information systems?
Define business processes and describe the role they play in organizations.
A business process is a logica
WEEK 7 - ASSIGNMENT
Chapter 9 Review Question 1 All Bullets (Page 364)
How do enterprise systems help businesses achieve operational excellence?
Define an enterprise system and explain how enterprise software works.
Enterprise software consists
51) Describe at least two benefits of using enterprise systems.
Enterprise systems have many benefits:
Collect data from various key business processes in manufacturing, production, accounting,
sales, marketing etc and store the data in a single central d
WEEK 4 - ASSIGNMENT
Chapter 5 Review Question 1 All Bullets (Page 202)
What is IT infrastructure and what are its components?
Technical perspective is defined as the shared technology resources that provide the
platform for the firms specific informatio
WEEK 8 - ASSIGNMENT
1. Read Chapters 11 and 12 of the Text and Complete
Chapter 11 Review Question 1 All Bullets (Page 446)
1. What is the role of knowledge management and knowledge management programs in business?
Define knowledge management a