INTRODUCTION AND CHEMISTRY
Choose 4 questions from each chapter and include the question with your answer.
1. Build a hierarchy of organization based on a bird as organism.
o Explain each one of the levels of hierarchy.
2. Explain the concept
TAKE HOME EXAM 3
Please put answers on the answer sheet provided.
This exam is due April 18, 2017. Please bring to class to hand in. Thank you.
Asexual and sexual reproduction differ in that sexual reproduction _.
is the only way single-cel
Study Guide: Middles Ages
Middle Ages timespan
most important musicians
monopoly on learning?
role of women
use of instruments
Alleluia: Vidimus stellam
Puis quen oubli
Ecco la primavera
Cellular respiration (Ch 6)
1) What goes on in box A?
2) What you just named in question 1, where in the cell does it happen?
3) Write the balanced REDOX equation of cellular respiration
Photosynthesis (Ch 7)
Look at the picture above:
4. Name X.
Hair and eye color, and colorblindness are traits that follow the complete
dominance behavior. Use letter A for the hair color, and the letter B for the eye
John and Jane want to have a child and for that they want to check their
Cytology & Working Cell
1) Look at the picture below and answer the next questions.
a. Name the organelle pointes at with the letter A.
b. Give its function
c. Name the organelle pointed at with the letter B
d. Give its function
2) The picture below r
1. The image below has arrows pointing to different parts of cells. Please
identify the different parts or organelles of the cells and state to what organism
the cells belong.
2. The image below has arrows pointing to different parts of cells. Please
1) Invent your own hierarchy of organization, based in nature, (no military chain
of command, no industry related working levels, etc.). Present 8 levels at
least. Do not copy that of the book/power point; use it instead as a guide.
2) The el
Enzyme Lab Report
Type of Solution
Test Tube A: milk and
Test Tube B: milk and water
Test Tube C: milk and
denatured enzyme solution
Test Tube D: sucrose
solution and enzyme solution
Test Tube E: sucrose sol
1) Define evolution
2) Name the properties that define life and briefly explain each.
3) List the hierarchy of biological organization from the least to the most complex level in all the three
tiers of organization.
4) Define: Biopshere, ecosyst
Chapter 10: Photosynthesis Worksheet
1. Give the balanced chemical equation for photosynthesis (use formula).
6 CO2+6H20=>6O2+C6 H12 06
2. The energy for photosynthesis comes from the sun.
3. Light travels as wave or photons.
Properties of water
Max marks: 5
1. The hydrogen and oxygen atoms in water are held together by hydrogen bonds.
2. The electrons are not shared equally creating a polar molecule.
3. The polarity of water allows it to bond with other water molecules. Such
Cellular Respiration Assignment
(Please watch the animation and complete the information in the chart below).
S. No Stages
Cellular locale Starting
or Anaerobic? the stage
the end of
Chapter 1 Assignment: Scientific Method Max. Marks: 5 (Part of Exam
This Assignment, like all others this semester should be completed individually. It is not a
group project. Working in groups to complete this assignment would be considered
Biol 1406 _ Pre-lecture Worksheet : Chapter 2
1. Atoms are made up of protons, neutrons and electrons.
2. Protons and neutrons are found in the nucleus while electrons are found orbiting
around the nucleus.
3. Atomic number of an atom is the number
Name: Ryan Pena
Chapter 3: Macromolecules
Complete the following assignment after watching the animation online.
Polymers with examples
Functions in the liv
The Effects of Temperature and Specificity on
the Activity of Enzyme
June 30, 2016
This experiment was performed in order to determine how the condition of the environment
and the specificity can affect enzymatic activity. The a
Lab Practical Review 2
UNIT 6 Diffusion and Osmosis
1. Know what diffusion is.
2. Know what Osmosis is.
3. Difference between diffusion and osmosis.
4. Know the effect of molecular weight and temperature on the rate of diffusion using
Janus green and Pota
Quiz and Practical exam objectives
Refer pdf document Unit3_acidbasepH_notes for review of topics
below. The document is under BIOL[class.section] > Modules > Unit 3
Unit 3: Acids, Bases, pH
Anthocyanin chart updated. Know approximate colors.
Know the di
Running head: STUDYING ENZYMATIC INTERACTIONS WITH SUBSTRATES
Studying Enzymatic Specificity and Cofactors
Daniella N. Chinn
17 November 2016
STUDYING ENZYMATIC INTERACTIONS WITH SUBSTRATES
Studying Enzymatic Interactions with Substrate
To earn +5 points on your 2/3 iRAT:
1. In your own handwriting, answer ALL questions in the 2/3 RAT Study Guide and
complete the Mastering Homework on Chapters 2 and 3. No credit is earned if all
questions are not answered.
2. Watch and take handwritten n
CHAPTER 1 An Introduction to the Fundamentals of Dynamic Business Law and
12. Penny is investigating what she needs to do to legally open a dog grooming business in her city. Which of the
Protist : Spirogyra
Mode of locomotion: Flagella
Food source: Autotrophic
Type of Reproduction: Conjugation
Causes a disease (yes/No): No
Type of disease:
Biology 1409 - Chapter 25
Identify the phylum of the fungus in the images below.
A: _Batrachochtrium dendrobatidis_
B: _Rhizopus sporangis_
PROFFESSOR M. KAROUT COLLIN COLLEGE
Biology 1409 - Chapter 25
C:_Allomyces Gametophyte (c
Biology 1409 - Chapter 22& 23
Gymnosperms and Angiosperms
Understanding the Seed Plants (Angiosperms)
1- List three plants considered basal dicots.
2- List the characteristics of basal di