1. Visit class and introduce yourself to other students after class o Give out your email, if you want. 2. Visit coursework.stanford.edu 3. Read COURSE INFO and SYLLABUS 4. Read TEXTBOOK up to Chapter 2.2 5. Google converting to standar
1. Read Chapter 7
2. Study the Alternate System Theorem, found in Lecture 6 under Farkas Lemma.
Compare it to Lecture 11 slides!
3. Read Homework 4 and study the economic terms found there. Start writing up the
framework to each proble
1. Finish HW2
2. Re-read TEXT Chapters 1-4, and 6
3. Consider degeneracy again: this time consider changing the health requirement
right-hand-side vector b to exactly match one chicken (or one broccoli).
4. (for those doing projects) Bu
1. Work on HW2
2. Read TEXT Chapters 1-4, and 6
3. Formulate the healthy-eating problem and the max-flow problems shown in class in
such a way that the LP becomes degenerate. Study the complementary slackness
conditions. Are they still
1. Review Math 52 for a few minutes 2. Read TEXTBOOK up to Chapter 2.3 a. Read 2.4-2.5 if you want to get ahead 3. Read the project description, if you are considering a project credit 4. Start HW1 a. Use FORUM to ask a question b. Use