Fear of Man
Definition of Insecurity:
A result of placing confidence in thing that can be taken
away from me.
What cannot be taken away from a person:
1. Relationship to the living word: Jesus
2. Relationship to the written word: Bible
Ways we seek to
1. Guinness discerned he was not supposed to be a minister when he:
C. Talked to a person while filling his car with fuel.
2. Guinness says we are all on a search for significance.
3. The Call uses the word seeker to mean:
D. Someone looking f
Extensional- a group of disciplines having to with language and
Intentional- Education for leadership and for citizenship in the
Liberal learning on what shapes a persons understanding and
values rather than what the pe
1. The Protestant distortion of work elevates the secular at the expense of the spiritual.
2. The greatest competition of devotion to Jesus is:
A. Service to Jesus
3. The key to answering Gods call is to be devoted to:
4. Guinness says
DCM Chapter 16 Notes:
The pursuit of money is insatiable or unsatisfiable because:
It touches on two areas: getting what we do not have and keeping what we do.
It is commonly tied to narrowness of a single-minded devotion to making money
Dr. Philip Mitchell
DCM 2301 HR
11 March 2016
Week 8 Journal
I know I say I enjoy every class discussion, but this upcoming discussion we
are going to have excites me because I love talking about the future! I also really
(truly) think tha
Dr. Philip Mitchell
DCM 1301 HR
3 March 2016
Though this book has been more challenging, I have enjoyed the class
discussions with our ideas on the board much more this week! I really loved breaking
down each part of mission last
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Lab 5 still due on Tuesday. Quiz not until the 12th.
12 pages worth of work at the end.
Review: Compare: Combine.
Starter 1 with Starter 2
Accept all insertions and Reject all deletions.
Close extra documents,
WHY ACADEMIC FREEDOM IS IMPORTANT
IN THE CHRISTIAN COLLEGE
1) It is essential to the _.
2) Freedom is essential to _.
3) It is essential to the self-scrutiny and improvement of any
Academic freedom is the freedom of:
What was the name of the Jewish Christians that taught the people of Galatia false doctrine?
True of False: The epistle of Galatians was written in A.D. 49 on Pauls 2 nd missionary journey
The most consistent finding, over decades of research, is the strong association between
tobacco use and cancers of many sites. Hundreds of epidemiologic studies have
confirmed this association. Further support comes from the fact that lung cancer death
Cancer is one of the scariest words in the English language. When you hear the word as
part of a diagnosis, its natural to feel many emotions, especially fear.
A cancer diagnosis can cause you and your family a great deal of stress, but you
In art a lot of what comes out is a longing.
Sensa anything that stimulates your senses
What are the arts?
Humans are a creative species.
We live in story a story shape to us.
Fundamental characteristics that make us human have not changed. Ability to int
Name: _ Class: _ Date: _
Chapter 1 Self-Study Questions
Indicate whether the sentence or statement is true or false.
1. The financial manager must execute his or her duties independent of the other activities of the firm in order to
DCM Final Exam Study Guide
1. Know three reasons why calling is vulnerable to envy. (Chapter 15)
Envy strikes at the place where our giftedness and our deepest desires are
intertwined with our sense of calling.
To understand ourselves, we need to know not
In-Class / On-Line Notes, Section 05
1. What was Pauls pre-conversion life like? What were some of the influences (Jewish,
Greek, Roman, etc.) on his life?
2. When did Paul live? When was he probably born? When did he become a Chris
The Letters Wiki Based Questions, Section 05
1. On more than one occasion I asked the group presenting this question: in five words or
less, what is the main theme of _? There were five groups that presented that
gave a main theme in th