Nutrition and Health
Final Review Questions
1. Name the six classes of nutrients and give food examples from each.
2. List the 7 Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
a. Consume different varieties
My RRE check:
160-lb female, age 26
160 lbs./22 = 73kg
(14.7 x 73) + 496 = 1569
1569 x .10 = 157 calories
Essay review 1-5:
1. If an individual performed 5,000 foot pounds of work in one minute, how many
kilojoules of work were accomplished?
Writing Assignment #5 Cardiovascular Emergencies
and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
1. The first thing I would do before I approach any victim is to check the scene for safety. I would
then proceed to victim once I have deemed the area s
Writing Assignment #4 Assessing the Victim
1. If I go into the office and see that the person is slumped over not responding my next steps are
as follows. At this point I have already shouted asking the person if they are ok and they are
Writing Assignment #1 Preparing To Act
1. Some of the common reasons people hesitate to act when faced with an emergency for many
reasons are being worried about not doing the right thing, thinking someone else may provide
better care, being
Writing Assignment #6 Automated Internal
1. An AED, automated internal defibrillator, is a machine that checks the heart of a heart attack
victim and advises whether the victim needs a shock. If the victims heart has an abnormal
Writing Assignment #7 Airway Obstruction
1. Choking is more prevalent for people 65 years of age and older. This is most likely due to those
with dentures because they lose the sensation for sufficiently chewed food before attempting to
After looking up iron I read that it is found in many of my favorite foods like spinach, oysters
1. Explain several ways whereby minerals function in metabolic processes in the human
Some minerals are components of enzymes known as meta
Writing Assignment #3 - The Human Body
1-a. A combination of the muscular system and the skeletal system, the musculoskeletal systems primary
function gives body strength and shape and making movement possible. The primary organs of the
What vitamin supplements do you take? How often do you take the supplement? If you
don't currently take any supplements, what would you consider trying and why?
I dont take any supplements and I do not really plan on taking any but if I had to choose one
Research a protein supplement you have either used or want to try. Report your findings
in the Submission Box below. ALSO post your findings on the Discussion Board and
respond to a minimum of one classmate.
Hempseeds are beneficial in many ways as it can
Name: Candelaria Carroll
Health or Wellness Goal Sheet
Long Term Goals (use the SMART model):
1. By the end of 2018, I will be able to run a 10k by running three times a week and
progress myself slowly each week.
2. By the end of the year I will attain a
AND HYPNOTIC DRUGS
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?
Anti-anxiety: reduce feelings of excessive
anxiety; used when non-drug interventions not
effective or are inappropriate for degree of
Sedative: reduce nervousne
Writing Assignment #2 - Acting In An Emergency
1. The transmission of infectious disease occurs through a process of 4 steps. The process begins
with someone or something having the infection. The second step occurs as the disease-causing