-Betty Shamieh is a Palestinian-American playwright, actor, screenwriter, and an author of
- bunch of awards/speaks at universities/ featured in magazines: New York Times, San Francisco
Chronicle, American Theater Magazine etc. WORLD WIDE
-Paulie: good looking British man in his thirties, homosexual, ex-stripper, HIV possitive.
-Mum: Paulies mother, her sixties, dressed in a cowboy costume, works in a casino as a hostess.
Paulie on couch watching tv
Jimmy: Korean man, late 20s. Failed artist. Has a leg injury.
Mari: Jimmys younger sister. Medical student.
Mick: a mechanic.
Storm: Asian woman in her late twenties, rejects everything Asian.
Read pg. 240-241
Importance of scene:
Bill - artist - mid thirties
Old Timer - friend of Bills uneducated old guy
Cythia and Sonny-man - friends of Bills - married couple both educated
Cynthia is a social worker
Sonny-Man is a writer
Tommy SHEs a thirty year old factory worker.
- opera music
- Mum steals from casino
- slot machines
- New York
- strippers=service industry
- airline safety regulations
- tips at job
Bias, Stereotype, Prejudice
- the Irish
- Jimmys & Maris mom (painter)
- Jimmys & Maris dad (doctor)
- Storms granny
- Woman at the grocery store
- Kimchee (food)
- Granny is not really Storms
grandma, everyone just calls her