Ashton Fleming has asked you to document the cash receipts system at S&S. Ashtons narrative
of the system follows:
Customer payments include cash received at the time of purchase and payments received
in the mail. At days end, the treasurer endorses
Week 7 : The System Development Process Quiz
Week 7 Quiz
1. (TCO 8) In which phase of the systems development life cycle are the new hardware and
software for a system tested? (Points : 2)
implementation and conversion
operations and mai
Mark Mitton, the liaison to the IS department, has eliminated all but the best three systems. Mark
developed a list of required features, carefully reviewed each system, talked to other users, and
interviewed appropriate systems representatives. Mar
Week 6 : The REA Data Model - Quiz
Week 6 Quiz
1. (TCO 7) An example of an event is (Points : 2)
Chapter 17, page 496
2. (TCO 7) Concerning the creation of tables from an REA diagram, which of the fol
Week 5 : Production, Payroll, HR and G/L
Reporting - Quiz
Week 5 Quiz
1. (TCO 5) A _ authorizes the transfer of raw goods needed for production from the
storeroom to the production facilities. (Points : 2)
master production schedule
You have been hired to evaluate the payroll system for the Skip-Rope Manufacturing Company.
The company processes its payroll in-house. Use Table 15-1 as a reference to prepare a list of
questions to evaluate Skip-Ropes internal control structure as
Week 4 : The Revenue and Expenditure
Cycles - Quiz
Week 4 Quiz
1. (TCO 4) What is the normal procedure for new customers or customers making a purchase
that causes their credit limit to be exceeded? (Points : 2)
routine approval is granted without authori
Create a questionnaire checklist that can be used to evaluate controls for each of the four basic
activities in the revenue cycle (sales order entry, shipping, billing, and cash collections).
a. For each control issue, write a Ye
Week 3 : Securing and Auditing AIS - Quiz
Week 3 Quiz
1. (TCO 3) Compatibility tests utilize a(n) _, which is a list of authorized users,
programs, and data files the users are authorized to access or manipulate. (Points : 2)
Running Head: WHO IS LIABLE?
Who is Liable?
Current Issue in Accounting 451
Tawfiq Abu-raqabeh, Ph.D.
WHO IS LIABLE?
Who is Liable?
I am against the following statement, Companies should not be held liable for l
Week 2 : Fraud and Internal Controls - Quiz
Week 2 Quiz
1. (TCO 7) The problem of inability to add new data without violating the basic integrity of the
database is referred to as the (Points : 2)
an update anomaly.
Multiple Choice Questions #7
1) Which of the following statements below shows the contrast between data and information?
A) Data is the output of an AIS.
B) Information is the primary output of an AIS.
C) Data is more useful in decision-making than inform
Multiple Choice Questions #6
1) Which of the following are NOT part of the basic functions of an enterprise system?
2) The three basic functions of an enterprise system are
A) Input, processing, and output
Matching Question #4
Match the letter next to each definition with the appropriate term. Each answer will be used only
Customer relation management
Flexible manufacturing systems
True / False questions #3
1) A system is a collection of related resources designed to help a company achieve specified
2) Accounting information systems are designed to gather and utilize information which may
cost more to provide than i
Week 1 : Foundations of an AIS - Quiz
Week 1 Quiz
1. (TCO 1) Facts that are collected, recorded, stored and processed by an information system
are: (Points : 2)
Chapter 1, page 4