BIOL1406 Review Exam 1
1. Understand scope of Biology
2. Know the levels of organization of life from the simplest to most complex
3. Understand different approaches to study biology.
4. What is Systems Biology? Be able to identify from example
Peter J. Russell Paul E. Hertz Beverly McMillan
Why It Matters. . .
How did life originate, how does it persist, and how is it
Biology, the sci
Lab 8: Metabolism
1. Why is cellular respiration necessary for living organisms?
Cellular respiration provides energy that enables living organisms to do work.
2. Why is fermentation less effective than respiration?
Fermentation is proce
EL CENTRO COLLEGE BIOL 1406 Hybrid
1. Define and identify solvents, solutes, and solutions.
2. Describe the structure of cell membranes.
3. Determine the effects of temperature and concentration on diffusion.
4. Compare and contrast d
BIOL 1406 Final Review Sheet
1. Describe the characteristics of living organisms.
2. Recognize a hypothesis and determine its validity.
3. Recognize the symbols/names of the most common elements in organisms.
4. Describe the arrangement of subatomic parti