Chapter 8: Piaget's Theory of Cognitive Development
When asked why the stars twinkle, three-year-old Sarah replied, Because they are
happy. According to Piaget, she is in the _ stage of cognitive development.
Angelina views water poured from a glass
Chapter 6: The Structure of Human Memory
1. List at least two characteristics of Sensory Memory:
2. Describe at least one way that information is lost from sensory memory.
3. List at least three characteristics of Short-term Memory:
Chapter 2: The Brain. Nervous System, and Endocrine System
1. The _ is the basic cell that makes up the nervous system.
2. The long tube-like part of the neuron that carries the messages to other cells is the
3. The branch-like structures project from
Chapter 1: Introduction to Psychology
_ _ is the scientific study of behavior and mental processes.
A tentative assumption about the behavior that is tested through research is called a _.
What scientific method would most likely be used to demon
Costa Rican Treks
Maria Tornio, President; Alberto Ramos, Tour Operations Manager
Paulo Alvarez, Vice President Finance
August 12, 2018
Company Cost Savings
I HAVE EXAMINED COMPANY EXPENSES AND HAVE SEVERAL RECOMMENDATIONS FO
Chapter 7: SELECTING OFFICE EMPLOYEES
1. What is the most significant disadvantage of the employee referral method of employee
Employees tend to refer others who have similar demographic characteristics,
which can create a potential dilemma fo
Name: Trung Dang
Assignment: A Review of the Syllabus especially discussing SCANS and its meaning; and an analysis
of the Welcome to my Class Rules
For a student to be able to fully understand a study course, one of the most important
thing to do is to re
Chapter 9: SUPERVISING OFFICE EMPLOYEES
1. How do autocratic, democratic, and laissez-faire leadership styles differ from one
In the autocratic approach, the superiors make decisions without seeking the
ideas, suggestions, and recommendations of
Chapter 5: OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
1. How does the environment of an office impact on employees?
An unsatisfactory environment often results in decreased levels of
productivity and employee morale. Absenteeism and tardiness are apt to
increase, as are the num
Chapter 6: OFFICE EQUIPMENT AND FURNITURE
1. In what ways can the dependability of equipment be determined?
Contact administrative office managers in other organizations that use the
same type of equipment.
Reading equipment reports compiled by equipment
Chapter 4: OFFICE LAYOUT
1. How does the layout of an office affect its efficiency and productivity?
It provides effective allocation and use of floor space.
It creates a pleasant working environment for employees.
It has a positive impact on the organ
Chapter 1: THE MANAGERIAL PROCESS
Question 1: What is the emerging thrust of administrative office management?
It is the knowledge management thrust, which is the process of managing
the organizations intellectual capital, human resources, and strategi
Chapter 3: THE COMMUNICATION PROCESS
1. Discuss with an administrative office manager the importance of effective communication skills
to his or her job success.
To an administrative office manager, effective communication skills are essential for
Chapter 2: THE ORGANIZING PROCESS
Question 1: What benefits result from giving adequate consideration to the organizing
Assures more efficient use of the organizations resources.
Improves employee understanding of job duties and responsibilit