1. The firm that individual organized, which became known as Freeman, Shapard &
Story (FSS), lays claim to being the accounting firm that has been registered for the
longest period of time with the Texas State Board of Public
2.3 Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
1. Take-Twos executives have received sanctions from SEC to restate its financial statements
because of fraudulent misrepresentations.
2. At 21 years old, Ryan Brant created Take-Two Interactive Software,
2.1 Jack Greenberg, Inc.
1. Jack Greenberg, Inc. was a successful wholesale meat company along the Eastern Seaboard of
the US. Its headquarter is in Philadelphia.
2. In the early 1980s, after the death of Jack Greenberg, his two sons Emanuel an
Goodner Brothers, Inc.
Woodrow Robinson and Albert Hunt are best friends for forever.
Goodner Brothers, Inc. is a large tire wholesaler in Eastern US. It is a family business.
Woody got a job with Goodner Brothers. Al worked for Cu
The Trolley Dodgers
1. In 1890, the Brooklyn Trolley Dodgers professional baseball team joined the National League.
2. Due to heavy competition in New York City, they moved to Los Angeles in 1958. They became
the prototype of how a franchise shou
Howard Street Jewelers, Inc.
1. Lore and Julius Levis had owned and operated Howard Street Jewelers for decades. But now, it
seemed to be in a downward spiral from which it could recover. Despite several cost reduction,
the businesss cash positio
Richard Grimes, Staff Accountant
1. Richard Grimes was a member of the audit team for McCaleb Medical Corporation
(MMC). MMC was a conglomerate whose principal line of business was manufacturing
diagnostic instruments used in medical labora
IPOC International Growth Fund, Ltd.
1. The Big Four accounting firm had been appointed by Bermudas Minister of Finance to
review and report on the financial affairs of a large investment fund, IPOC International
Growth Fund, Ltd.
The North Face, Inc.
1. Hap Klopp founded North Face in the mid-1960s to provide a ready source of hiking
and camping gear that needed to pursue back to nature quest.
2. Over the next decade, North Face endeared itself to outdoor enthusiast
Ryden Trucking, Inc.
1. Jermell Marshall was a partner of a small accounting firm which included two other
partners, 15 professional employees, and a support stall of 10 paraprofessionals and
2. In August 2009, Marshall hi
Phillips Petroleum Company
1. Bill Grant was an Arthur Youngs comanaging partner in 1988 shortly before that firm
merged with Ernst & Whinney to form E & Y.
2. Judge Barrow had ordered Grant to produce certain audit workpapers that had been
American International Group, Inc.
1. Vander Starr wanted to see the world, so he went to the Far East. After several months
staying in Japan, he travelled to Shanghai, China, where he landed a job working for an
insurance company. Later, h
Cardillo Travel Systems, Inc
1. Russell Smith was summoned to the office of A. Walter Rognlien, the 74-year-old
chairman of the board and CEO of Smiths employer, Cardillo Travel Systems, Inc.
2. Smith knew that reason why he was summoned be
1. January 2007, Matthew Neumann and Nicholas Tides got assigned to Boeings internal audit
groups to monitor Beings information technology controls within the companys financial
reporting function in order to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.Boeing also hir
2.6 CBI Holding Company, Inc.
1. CBI Holding Company Inc. served as the parent company for several wholly owned subsidiaries.
2. It is a New York-based firm and its subsidiaries mainly purchased products from drug manufactures,
warehoused them in storage
Geo Securities, Inc.
Geo Securities is wholly owned subsidiary by Geo Companies of North America, a Dallas
based oil and gas exploration company. Frank Sinopoli was assigned to audit this firm for six
year. During the six year period, Geo Securities and G
Fred Stern & Company, Inc.
1. In the business world of the Roaring Twenties, the schemes and scams of flimflam
artist and confidence men were legendary. An example in which this self-serving
attitude apparently prevailed was Fred Stern & Co
Sarah Russell, Staff Accountant
Sarah Russell grew up in a small town in the flatlands of western Kansas where
she was born. In college, Sarah made decision to be a professional accountant because
she thought public accounting provided a
1. In this case, Sarah has handled this mater very well. Furthermore, she should
discuss the problem with the people who she trusted. She needed someone to judge
her action is right and support her. Sarah had rights to be able to perform he
Sarah Russell, Staff Accountant-Key Facts
1. Sarah Russell grew up in a small town in the flatlands of western Kansas where she
2. Sarah made decision to be a professional accountant because she thought public
accounting provided a wide range of
Elizabeth Wallace, Audit Senior
1. Elizabeth Wallace Graduate from a large state university with dual undergraduate
and graduate accounting degrees.
2. She became an audit senior in an accounting from after she graduated. And her
Olivia Thomas, Auditor Senior
1. Olivia Thomas was a seasoned professional auditor in an accounting firm. Eli
Arezzo was a new accountant in the same firm. Their relationship began with a simple
exchange of greetings.
2. The firms formal wr
First Securities Company of Chicago
1. Ladislas Nay immigrated to the United States from Hungry in 1921 at the age of
2. He made his way to Chicago and landed a job in the booming securities industry
with a small brokerage firm.
3. In 1
Bud Carriker, Audit Senior
1. During childhood, Louis Armstrong Carriker had been tagged with the nickname
Bud by his paternal grandmother.
2. Bud realized to obtain a degree what would provide him with an opportunity to
earn a good livelih
1. In the late 1990s, James Fazio became successful in accounting profession and
partnership in one of the Big Four public accounting firms.
2. Similar to his colleagues within Deloitte and the other major accounting
Hopkins v. Price Waterhouse
1. Ann Hopkins resigned from Touche Ross and accepted a position in the consulting
division of PWC. She was among the 88 individuals nominated for promotion to
partner with Price Waterhouse. She was the only woma
2.9 Powder River Petroleum International, Inc.
1. Celebrity Sports Network was founded in 1999 and due to the unsuccessful operation, it was
reorganized in 2001. It turned into a new type of company and renamed as Powder River Petroleum
2.8 Belot Enterprises
1. David Robinson, working in a big four accounting firm, spends most of his chargeable hours
with Belot, while his very good friend, Crabtree is working as an in-charge senior on the audit
team in the company.
2. Concerning about th
At least, CPAs have responsibility to tell their clients when they believe that the clients may be
engaging or thinking about engaging in illegal acts. CPAs need to make the clients to be aware of
the risks as well as any responsibility the accounti
1. Stanley Lepelstat founded Leroy Pharmacies in 1981. He took Leroy Pharmacies
public in 1988 and then changed its name to Accuhealth, Inc. two years later.
2. The companys top executives were from Stanleys family and frie