1. Explain the difference between make-to-order and make-to-stock strategies.
Computers clearly have become an essential feature of modern life. Given this fact, if you
managed a computer manufacturer, which production strategy would you select: make-to-s
1. In what ways is business-to-consumer purchasing different from business-to-business
Answer: The relationship between a supplier and a customer in the business-to-business world is
very different from the relationship between a retailer and
1. Describe the differences among the three generations of enterprise systems mainframe
architecture, client-server architecture, and service-oriented architecture.
Answer: For several decades the mainframe architecture was the predominant technology that
REVIEW QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
1. What are the reasons for increased global competition? What are the consequences of
global competition to organizations?
Answer: the reasons behind increased global competition are globalization and, national and
1. Identify and explain the key steps that integrate the procurement, fulfillment, and procurement
After the purchase requisition is created, the procurement process proceeds largely as described
in Chapter 3. A purchase order is create
1. Explain the difference between sell-from-stock and configure-to-order strategies.
Sell-from-stock involves fulfilling customer orders directly from the companys inventory of
finished goods. Basically, customers are limited to purchasing only those prod
Coping with Tech Change
1. The Responsive Organization: Coping With New Technology and Disruption
Read the article, watch the video.
The common stock of NCP paid $1.32 in dividends last year. Dividends are expected to
grow at an 8 percent annual rate for an indefinite number of years.
a. If NCP's current market price is $23.50 per share, what is the stocks expected rate