1. Which of the following sentences has a dangling/misplaced modifier?
We saw a fence behind the building made of wood.
2. Which of these sentences best meets the requirements of clear and interesting writing?
Ford will cut prices February 1
3. Identify t
1. A report writer plans to use a small (one-quarter page) bar chart. She should place it:
on the page surrounded by the writing discussing it.
2. Which of the following graphic aids would be best for showing data on a company's sales
for the preceding 10
1. Which of the following is most likely to be required in a memo?
2. As in letters, memos usually are signed with the writers full signature following
an appropriate complimentary closing.
3. A memo should be written in direct order a
3 Adapting Your Words to Your Readers
4 Constructing Clear Sentences and Paragraphs
5 Writing for a Positive Effect
With a net worth of around $44 billion, Warren Buffett is ranked by Forbes magazine as the
second-richest person in the world, afte
COMPREHENSIVE FINAL EXAM :
May 17th 11:30-1pm
Sources for developing a network of contacts for use in the search of a job: Student
Organizations, Internships, Professors
What are parts of the conventional content headings in a resume: Educati
THE IMPORTANCE OF A POSITIVE EFFECT
Explain the need for a positive effect in business messages.
As the previous two chapters explain, getting your point across efficiently and accurately
is essential to successful business communication. Unclear writing
CARE IN SENTENCE DESIGN
The following rules of thumb will help you write sentences that communicate clearly and
Limit Sentence Content
Write short, clear sentences by limiting sentence content and economizing on words.
The products that McDonalds offers in different countries differ for many
reasons, In the United States there are higher percentages of health issues such as
obesity than there are in China. The main focuses of suppliers/ sellers are their
In order to sell products globally, McDonalds has incorporate a variety of strategies to market
their products in domestic and foreign markets. McDonalds [corporation] embodies the concept
of globalizations: think global, act local. (http:/www.labbrand.co
Difference in the
U.S. & China
Reviewing McDonalds Economic Changes
McDonalds Corp has made it an important factor
Im sure that an experienced business professional/owner, such as yourself, would agree
that in the business field it is important that you expand your work habits as well as your social
habits. Networking is the k
September 7, 2012
1. On Wednesday, records were set by both the New York Stock Exchange Composite Index and
Standard & Poors 500 Index. The New York Stock Exchange Composite Index closed at
27.08 points, and topped its previous