ACC 3301 TEACHING PLAN
1. Review of adjusting entries
2. Accrual versus cash basis of accounting
1. Understand difference in accrual-basis and cash-basis accounting.
FINANCIAL 3 CLASS QUESTIONS
1. Describe the process of closing entries, including:
a. the purpose of closing entries
b. the kinds of accounts that are closed out
c. the point in the year in which closing entries are made
d. the account to which all revenu
FINANCIAL 14 CLASS QUESTIONS
1. Using the following information, calculate ending inventory and COGS using
each of the following methods:
a. Specific identification
b. Weighted average
Do the calculations for a periodic inventory system on
Goodwill Impairment Examples:
At the end of the current year, the FMV of net assets including goodwill = $1,200,000
FINANCIAL 2 CLASS QUESTIONS
1. Solve exercise 3-5 (Note: The adjusting entries are quarterly).
2. Refer to the Ch. 3 Adjusting Entries Handout Example 1. Assume the original entry
was recorded as:
a. What AJE would be
FINANCIAL 1 CLASS QUESTIONS
1. Identify and describe the major financial statements.
2. Using illustration 3-1, answer the following:
a. Which general categories of accounts have normal debit balances?
b. Which general categories of accounts have normal c
Document No. 1
December 1631, 2013
Complete each of the following transactions in accordance with the seven-step process on pages 1112
of the Instructions, Flowcharts, and Ledgers book (step 5). Remember the importance of the systems
Ch. 3 Handout
1. Aspen Co. began 2014 with Supplies of $1,000. Aspen purchased $7,400 of supplies
during the year. A physical count at December 31 showed supplies on hand of $450.
How much Supplies Expenses should be reported on the 2014 Income Statement?
Center of Excellence - Business
Department Chair - Dr. Marina Grau
Program Coordinator - Charles Lewis
ACNT 1305- Forensic Accounting
Instructor & Contact Information:
William C. Nantz, CPA, CFF, CGMA, PTIN, MBA, JD
ACNT 1305 FORENSIC ACCOUNTING
Instructor: William C. Nantz, CPA, CFF, CGMA, PTIN, MBA, JD
My name is Bill Nantz and I am your instructor for ACNT 1305 Forensic Accounting. Orientation
will cover some of the frequently asked ques