Chapters 10 and 11 Study Guide
1. The power of Congress is greatest in
A. local affairs.
B. state control.
C. domestic affairs.
D. the regulatory agencies.
E. foreign affairs.
2. Senators are typically elected for a term of how many years?
Unit 2 Study Guide
1. Which of these is a key principle underlying constitutionalism?
A. Courts should share power with legislative bodies.
B. Democracy is the most just system.
C. Governments must be limited in power.
D. The power of the people
Unit 3 Study Guide
1. In the 1994 elections, which of the following trends continued?
A. A black swing to the Democrats
B. A growing Republican majority in the Northeast
C. A southern swing to the Republicans
D. Hispanic voters turning out at an
Chapters 8 and 9 Study Guide
1. A political mandate is based primarily on
C. control of the legislature.
D. exit polls.
E. survey research.
2. If democratic government is government by the consent of the governed, it is
Chapters 3 and 4 Study Guide
Read both Chapter 3 and 4. Answer all of the questions below. Study this review
and then take the quiz. If you have any problems answering any of these questions,
please let me know and I will help you.
1. Which of t
Chapter 13 Study Guide
Read Chapter 13 and answer the following questions. Study this study guide prior
to taking you Chapter 13 Quiz. If you have any questions, please let me know.
1. The power of the Supreme Court to invalidate state laws is
A. newly es
Unit 4 Review
(Chapters 10, 11 and 13)
1 The phrase the president initiates, Congress deliberates gave what role to the president?
Drafting of new laws
2 The Founders equated national powers with the powers of C