A Skills Approach: Excel 2013
Chapter 6: Exploring Advanced Functions
challenge yourself 6.4
In this project, you will complete a series of budget worksheets, including a home loan analysis and amortization
schedule, rental comparison, and savings and ret
1. _ may store physical items like inventory, or hold data. (Facilities) 2. General management is considered part of which activity in the value chain? (Infrastructure) 3. The _ of a business process is the value of outputs minus costs. (Margin) 4. A comp
Quiz 6 Answers
1. Which of the following is an example of PaaS, a category of cloud hosting?
-Microsoft Windows Azure
2. The cloud is defined as the elastic leasing of pooled computer resources over the
3. A private internet that is used e
1. According to Brooks law, adding more people to a system development project
will: (Delay the projects completion)
2. The _ approach is recommended if the system is complex and consists of many
modules, because extra care must be applied in docu
1. _ is a problem that occurs when data-mining is used to create overly complex
models that are not suited to making accurate predictions.(Overfitting)
2. A petabyte of data is equal to _ gigabytes of data. (1,000,000) 3. PrototypinIIf you wanted to see w
Quiz 1 Answers
Which of the following statements is true about the quality of information?
-Information should be just barely sufficient for its purpose.
Which of the following is considered as information rather than mere data?
-The return on investment
1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.
10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. 22. 23.
It is _ for organizations to choose to modify the standard blueprints for business processes when doing an ERP implementation. (Rare) _ Systems link up all the di
Quiz 5 Answers
1. A database management system (DBMS) is a program used to create, process, and
administer a database.
2. Which of the following notations in an E-R diagram means that the entity is optional and
a relationship need not have an entity
Quiz 4 Answers
1. The term "open source" means that the source code of the program is available to the
2. The term "open source" means that the source code of the program is not available to
3. Native (thick client) applica
Quiz 2 Answers
Being a perceptive listener is more important for a collaborator than being gregarious and
Synchronous communication occurs within a team when all team members meet at the same
In version control systems, the shared dir
Chapter 8 1. SRM is a _system. (cross-functional) 2. A Web farm is a facility that runs multiple Web: (servers) 3. It is important to have _ in place when trying to develop an interorganizational
system. (Collaboration agreements)
4. B2B refers to e-comme
SIMNET ONLINE PROJECTS BEST PRACTICES
Always use the project instructions provided online and follow them in order.
Always begin a project with the provided Start file; do not start a project in a file that you created yourself.
Always use the correct ver
BCIS 12 1. _ is a protocol that uses both symmetric and asymmetric encryption. (SSL) 2. A _ is a remote processing center run by a commercial disaster-recovery service that provides all the equipment needed to continue operations after a disaster. (Hot Si
1. _ occurs w hen two or more people work together to achieve a common goal. (Collaboration) 2. Harold posts a message to a _ and the group members respond to his post. ( Discussion forum) 3. If your organization uses version management without control, t
1. When one buys an operating system like WinXP, you are actually buying a software (License) 2. _ software is processed on client computers. (Client application programs) 3. The _ system manages the computers resources. (operating) 4. A loosely coupled g
1. The _ is responsible for database backup. (DBA) 2. A N:M relationship is represented with a(n): (Intersection table) 3. If a student is allowed to have multiple majors and advisors are assigned to multiple students, this would be an example of a _ rela
A Skills Approach: Word 2013
Chapter 6: Exploring Advanced Document Features
challenge yourself 6.3
In this project, you will be formatting the services document for the Greenscapes landscaping company.
Skills needed to complete this project: