- In 2005, a projected $32.5 million sewage treatment facility for the desolate city of
Follouja has ballooned to $104 million. !
- The original plan envisioned that the facility would reach 24,500 homes. However, it
will now only re
Continuation of Iraq War!
Training and Equipment
- Although not all of the money, such as the $20 billion pumped into training and
equipping security forces, was put to waste, much of the rest was. !
- According to Baban, this investment is generally seen
Defense Spending Notes Day 1
Can we justify how much the US spends on defense?
How much do we actually spend? Where is it put to use?
- Since the mid-twentieth century, the United States has drastically increased spending on our
nations ability to pro
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Cost for Training!
Mid 20th Century
- To train, equip, and maintain one American soldier in either Iraq or Afghanistan for
one year, it costs a brazen one million dollars.!
In the time being, the number of Americans dipping belo
DEFENSE SPENDING NOTES-OBAMA
- The 2000 military budget was colossal and skyrocketed to $364 billion dollars.
- Accounting for forty percent of world military spending prior to the September 11th attacks
Furthermore, the sheer amount of
The War in Iraq!
Wasteful Spending During the War
- Many believe that incessant spending on defense and rehabilitation efforts in Iraq are the only
way to ensure our national security, as well as our self interests.
- However, the $53 billion dollar recon
Pentagon Budget in Terms of Other Items!
Resources: How theyre used
- The problem is the inexorable waste of resources that will undoubtedly take hold with
such a system. !
One example of this is the Pentagons apportionment of $3,000 for coffee pots,
DEFENSE SPENDING NOTES DAY 2!
The annual military budget of the United States is more than that of fourteen nations
combined, and only one of those fourteen nations is not an ally. !
That country, China, annually spends one sixth as much as the
Military Industrial Complex!
- The military industrial complex is dened as the fusion between corporations and the
armed corporations, which poses a threat to democracy. !
Ike had a lot to say about it!
Fifty years ago, one of the rst to warn ab
2000 military budget
- The 2000 military budget was colossal and skyrocketed to $364 billion dollars
- accounting for forty percent of world military spending prior to the September 11th attacks
Furthermore, the she