Questions CH. 7
Questions CH 7 1 through 12 and 11;
1. How does aging affect spirits, wine, and beer?
Beer does not improve; in fact, it should be consumed as soon as possible after production.
Wines age while in the cask and also after bottling. Spirits
Questions Chapter 5
1. What are the five classic styles used to serve food and beverages?
French, Russian, English, American, and Chinese.
2. What are the characteristics of each that distinguish it from other forms of service?
cart service or guridon s
Questions CH. 6
1. Why is it important for a server to know proper table manners?
The failure of a server to serve properly may cause a guest to feel uncomfortable and
not enjoy a meal
5. How should guests place flatware on the plate when they are done e
Questions CH 3
3. Match the terms on the left with their definition on the right.
g. Calls out food orders
(2)Maitre d' hotel
c. In charge of a group of waiters
a. Assistant waiter
(5)Chef d' tage
Questions CH 4
1.Where are heavy items placed when loading a tray? Where are lighter items placed?
The heaviest items should be placed in the tray's center
The lighter ones on the outside
3. Why are the surfaces of trays often covered with cork? If a tr
Questions Week 2
1. View several different kinds of facilities and look over the grounds, the entrance, and the way into the
dining area. What do you find good and bad? What would you do differently?
On a few of the restaurants I visited,
Questions Week 1
2. Is the question, Do you have any disabilities? appropriate to ask in a job interview?
An employer may ask an applicant whether he can perform the essential functions of
the job for which he is applying, with or without reasonable accom
Open (Vodka Throughout Time)
The history of alcoholic beverages is long and interesting one. They first started appearing around 8
thousand years ago in the ancient cradles of civilization - Babylon, Armenia and Georgia. However,
alcohol brewers from that
Lately cocktails have been in a renaissance. There has also been an increased interest in making them a
culinary equal. Molecular mixology is one of those trends that is being mirrored from the kitchen
because molecular gastronomy is th
Coffee, Tea or Water
In the lush hills of northern Thailand, a herd of 20 elephants is excreting some of the world's most
Trumpeted as earthy in flavor and smooth on the palate, the exotic new brew is made from beans eaten
by Thai elepha
CUL2227A Food and Beverage Operations
Beer health benefits
In recent years research has shown that there are many medical benefits to consuming, dark or
micro-brewed beers, in moderation. The ingredients used in producing the tavern favor