Chapter 3, Digestion, absorption and transport
1. Digestion : _
2. Gastrointestinal (GI) tract includes 5 major parts_,
_, _, _
3. 5 organs secrete digestive juices that chemically digest the
SDU Journal of Science (E-Journal), 2011, 6 (2): 140-148
Determination of Fatty Acid, C, H, N and Trace Element
Composition in Grape Seed by GC/MS, FTIR, Elemental
Analyzer and ICP/OES
Hale Seilmi Canbay1,*, Belgin Bardak2
Mehmet Akif Ersoy Universi
Food Additives and Contaminants, Vol. 20, No. 12 (December 2003), pp. 11641169
Determination of benzo(a)pyrene by GC/MS/MS in retail
olive oil samples available in Qatar
A. H. W. Abdulkadar, A. A. M. Kunhi, Al-Jedah
Jassim* and Al-Ali Abdulla
OF PHENOLIC COMPOUNDS
IN OLIVE OIL WASTE WATERS
ANALISI DI COMPOSTI FENOLICI IN ACQUE DI VEGETAZIONE
DA FRANTOIO OLEARIO CON TECNICA GC/MS-SIM
F. DALESSANDRO, C. MARUCCHINI1, L. MINUTI2*,
C. ZADRA1 and A.TATICCHI2
Anal Bioanal Chem (2011) 399:20932103
Multivariate analysis of HT/GC-(IT)MS chromatographic
profiles of triacylglycerol for classification of olive oil
Cristina Ruiz-Sambls & Luis Cuadros-Rodrguez & A
Critical Reviews in Analytical Chemistry, 41:7080, 2011
c Taylor and Francis Group, LLC
ISSN: 1040-8347 print / 1547-6510 online
Olive Oil Aroma Evaluation By Gas Chromatographic
Method: A Critical Review
Anal Bioanal Chem (2013) 405:46554663
Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the unsaponifiable
fraction of vegetable oils by using comprehensive 2D GC
with dual MS/FID detection
Peter Q. Tranchida & Simona S
Food Anal. Methods (2014) 7:21222136
Volatile Profile Characterization of Extra Virgin Olive Oils
from Argentina by HS-SPME/GC-MS and Multivariate Pattern
Mara de los Angeles Fernandez & Mariela Assof &
Molecules 2015, 20, 3431-3462; doi:10.3390/molecules20023431
Analysis of Phenolic and Cyclic Compounds in Plants Using
Derivatization Techniques in Combination with GC-MS-Based
Anal Bioanal Chem (2003) 376 : 355359
O R I G I N A L PA P E R
Sami Barrek Olivier Paisse
Determination of residual pesticides in olive oil by GCMS and HPLCMS
after extraction by size-exclusi
International Journal of Food Properties, 14:11601169, 2011
Copyright Taylor & Francis Group, LLC
ISSN: 1094-2912 print / 1532-2386 online
AROMA CHARACTERIZATION OF VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
FROM TWO TURKISH OLIVE VARIETIES BY SPME/G
Planning a Healthy Diet
1. Diet planning requires to follow _ & _.
2. Principles includes _, _, _,
_, _, _.
3. Dietary guidelines is established in every _ years. First Dietary guidelines is
established in _ & Last Dietary guidelines is establi
Chapter 8, Energy Balance and Body Composition
1. Energy balance means _
2. Energy imbalance means _
3. Gain weight_
4. Loss weight_
5. Maintain weght_
6. 1 pound of fat =_kcalories
7. Direct measure of food energy use_
Indirect measure of food energy che
Chapter 9, Weight Management
1. 2/3 of US adult population is considered _ & _
2. When energy in exceeds energy out, fat cells increase in _&_
3. When energy in is less than energy out, fat cells decrease in _ only.
4. Lipoprotein lipase (LPL)
an Overview of Nutrition
Food choices depend on _, _,
The number one reason people choose the foods they consume is_.
Nutrients in foods & in the body include six nutrients. They are
Protein: 4kcal/g _
Chapter 5: The lipids: Triglycerides, Phospholipids, and Sterols
1. The family of lipid (fat) includes_, _, &_
2. Triglyceride (TG) made with one _& three _
3. Fatty acids (FA) divide into _ & _
4. Saturated fatty acid_
5. Unsaturated fatty acid_
6. FA ha
Chapter 6: Protein: Amino Acids
1. Various proteins are made of _.
2. Besides C, H, O, protein has another element which is _.
3. Every amino acid (AA) has 3 groups attached to a central carbon. They are
_, _ & _.
4. _ determines the function of each amin
Chapter 10. The Water Soluble Vitamins: B Vitamins and Vitamin C
2. Water soluble vitamins:PT3BFNRC_
_You should be able to list at least six water soluble vitamins.
3. Fat soluble vitamins: ADEK, You should be able to list all four fat sol
Chapter 7: Energy Metabolism
1. Energy is the capacity to do work: heat, mechanical, electrical and chemical energy
4. Energy metabolism_.
5. Three energy nutrients are broken down to four simple
Chapter 4, The Carbohydrate: Sugars, Starches, and Fibers
1. The organ/cells can only use glucose as source of energy are _ & _.
2. The carbohydrate family includes _, _, & _.
Monosaccharides_, _, _.
Disaccharides_, _, _.
Polysaccharides_, _, _.
1.(6.25 x 235) + (12.7 x 5.11) - (6.76 x 24) + 66] x 1.1=1,434
2. EER = 662 - (9.53 x 24]) + 1.7 x cfw_ (15.91 x 106.5 [kg]) + (539.6 x 5.11 [m]) = 3,946
3. My BMI according to the book is at 31.8