Chapter 3, Digestion, absorption and transport
1. Digestion : _
2. Gastrointestinal (GI) tract includes 5 major parts_,
_, _, _
3. 5 organs secrete digestive juices that chemically digest the
Chapter 4, The Carbohydrate: Sugars, Starches, and Fibers
1. The organ/cells can only use glucose as source of energy are _ & _.
2. The carbohydrate family includes _, _, & _.
Monosaccharides_, _, _.
Disaccharides_, _, _.
Polysaccharides_, _, _.
Chapter 7: Energy Metabolism
1. Energy is the capacity to do work: heat, mechanical, electrical and chemical energy
4. Energy metabolism_.
5. Three energy nutrients are broken down to four simple
Chapter 10. The Water Soluble Vitamins: B Vitamins and Vitamin C
2. Water soluble vitamins:PT3BFNRC_
_You should be able to list at least six water soluble vitamins.
3. Fat soluble vitamins: ADEK, You should be able to list all four fat sol
Chapter 6: Protein: Amino Acids
1. Various proteins are made of _.
2. Besides C, H, O, protein has another element which is _.
3. Every amino acid (AA) has 3 groups attached to a central carbon. They are
_, _ & _.
4. _ determines the function of each amin
Chapter 5: The lipids: Triglycerides, Phospholipids, and Sterols
1. The family of lipid (fat) includes_, _, &_
2. Triglyceride (TG) made with one _& three _
3. Fatty acids (FA) divide into _ & _
4. Saturated fatty acid_
5. Unsaturated fatty acid_
6. FA ha
an Overview of Nutrition
Food choices depend on _, _,
The number one reason people choose the foods they consume is_.
Nutrients in foods & in the body include six nutrients. They are
Protein: 4kcal/g _
Chapter 9, Weight Management
1. 2/3 of US adult population is considered _ & _
2. When energy in exceeds energy out, fat cells increase in _&_
3. When energy in is less than energy out, fat cells decrease in _ only.
4. Lipoprotein lipase (LPL)
Chapter 8, Energy Balance and Body Composition
1. Energy balance means _
2. Energy imbalance means _
3. Gain weight_
4. Loss weight_
5. Maintain weght_
6. 1 pound of fat =_kcalories
7. Direct measure of food energy use_
Indirect measure of food energy che
Planning a Healthy Diet
1. Diet planning requires to follow _ & _.
2. Principles includes _, _, _,
_, _, _.
3. Dietary guidelines is established in every _ years. First Dietary guidelines is
established in _ & Last Dietary guidelines is establi