Case study 10.1 Music Explosion- Creating a Sound global transport plan.
1. Fiven the information in the case, which Oncoterms group (E, F, C, or D) shoe ME purcue as the
E terms would be best option if the ME wanted to leave themselves out
What would be the advantages/disadvantages of using cost-of-service versus value-of-service pricing for
Hardee's customers? When discussing cost-of-servicing versus value-of-service pricing for Hardee's
customers? When discussing cos
1. Why is transportation important to a firms supply chain operations?
Answer: Supply chain operations is influenced by many logistics activities such as the fact that
transportation costs are directly affected by the location of plants, warehouses, vendo
1. Discuss several issues that influence the organization of logistics activities within a firm.
Answer: There are several issues could influence the organization of logistics activities
within a firm, including the number and location of customers, as we
1. How is the transportation managers job different today than when the first edition of this book
was published in the late 1970s?
Answer: Two major reasons for this difference are globalization and changes in regulation. In the
late 1970s, the Peoples R
1. What is procurement? What is its relevance to logistics?
Answer: Procurement, which refers to the raw materials, component parts, and supplies
bought from outside organizations to support a companys operations. And it is closely
related to logistics si
1. Explain how developing nations ensure that an increasing proportion of supply chain activities
are conducted within their borders.
Answer: Because the role of these governments in their economies is substantial, they are able to
exert considerable infl
1. How do product characteristics influence packaging and materials handling considerations?
Answer: One consideration is a products physical characteristics; substances exist in three forms
solid, liquid, gasand each form has specific packaging requireme
1. Explain how the location decision process involves several layers of screening or focus.
Answer: Initial facility location focus will be on selecting the region, the delineation of
which can vary depending on whiter a company has a multinational or dom
1. What is the relationship between demand management, order management, and customer
Answer: There is a link between order management and demand forecasting, in that a firm does
not simply wait for orders to arrive in order to learn what is happ
1. Why does warehousing exist in a supply chain?
Answer: A key reason for warehousing is because patterns of production and consumption do not
coincide, and warehousing serves to match different rates or volumes of flow.
2. Explain the four ways that ware
1. In what ways can information be helpful in logistics and supply chain management?
Answer: 1. Greater knowledge and visibility across the supply chain, which makes it possible to
replace inventory with information. 2. Greater awareness of customer deman
1. Discuss the differences between corporate-level, business unit-level, and functional-level
Answer: Corporate-level: focus on setting the goals for the company and business types of
businesses in which the company should achieve, and the way
The Global Supply Chain Forum (GSCF) model is -a supply chain
management process framework
2.) The reverse flow of products, their recovery, and reuse is referred
to as:- closed loop system
3.) Standardized terms of sale for international shipments are re
Assignment #4: Chapter 4 Questions
4.1 Discuss several issues that influence the organization of logistics activities within a firm. The
organization of logistics activities within a firm depends on a number of factors, including the
number and location o
Assignment #3: Chapter 3 Questions
3.1 Discuss the differences between corporate-level, business unit-level, and functional-level
strategies. Corporate level strategy occupies the highest level of strategic decision-making
and covers actions dealing with
Assignment #2: Chapter 2 Questions
In what ways can information be helpful in logistics and supply chain management? There are
many ways in which information can be very helpful in logistics and supply chain management. This
includes greater knowledge
Assignment #1: Chapter 1 Questions
1.1 Did it surprise you that logistics has such an important economic impact? Why or
why not? I was actually not surprised at all. I have learned that shipping
industry has played a major role in our economy and that for
In this term paper will be discussing the shortage of truck drivers in America, and why the
trucking industry is the lifeblood of the United States economy.
You would be surprised at how important the trucking industry is to the United States