Chapter 1: History and Scope of Psychology
Chapter One Goals
1. To be familiar with the early science of psychology.
2. To be familiar with the contemporary approaches to psychology.
3. To understand the subfields of psychology.
4. To understand the diffe
Chapter 5: Learning
Chapter 5 Goals
1. To understand the concepts of classical conditioning
2. To understand the adaptive value and uses of classical conditioning.
3. To understand the role of cognition in classical conditioning.
4. To understand practica
Chapter 2: Biology and Psychology
Chapter 2 Goals
1. To understand the structure and function of neurons.
2. To understand the difference between the central nervous system and the peripheral
3. To understand action potential and the nervo
1. The cannon-Brad Theory
2. specific standards in a culture that govern the types of frequencies of display of emotions that
3. Happiness, surprise, sadness, fright, disgust, contempt, and anger.
6. The tenancy of someone
John B. Watson
5. I think psychology is the oldest and newest science because it is an old science
but is still being expanded on. There are new things being discovered and
Financial Literacy: Taxes & Paychecks
Fill in the blanks
The Basics of Taxes
, it is viewed as a negative term by almost anyone you talk to.
2. But if you understand why taxes are
how tax dollars are
from your tax dollars.
, and more import
Seth A. Torres
13520 Valley Mills Dr.
E-mail [email protected]
Objective: To gain experience in a work setting and acquire better time
Lonestar High School (GPA 3.9)
Expected graduation date: 2018
Central State University's Department of Psychology is considering expanding its doctoral program to
include an additional specialty. The department wants to focus on a "growth" area likely to attract
federal research funding as well as up-and-coming new
How To Balance Academics and Life as a College Student
Managing your time, especially when youre in college, is no easy task.
I found it especially difficult after leaving high school, considering that my
senior year, I barley payed attention to class wor
16 October 2016
Stopping by Woods On a Snowy Evening Connotation
In Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost, the narrator stops in the
forest to watch the snow fall. He is intrigued by the darkne
In the article, Tackling the "Vocabulary Gap" Between Rich and Poor Children
written by Christopher Bergland he is explaining to the readers about why,
how, and ways to prevent the vocabulary gap between the rich and poor. In
the article, he states that a
I watched the video Dream Hunter Rem- All about Dreams which gave me ten weird
facts about dreams. I found the video fascinating and fun to watch. It stated a broad
topic of dreams, then went on to explain it in more depth and gave examples
In the movie The Black Swan, the main character Nina Sayers has
Schizophrenia. More specifically, the Paranoid Type. Throughout the film,
Nina portrays the different characteristics and symptoms of a person with
Paranoid Schizophrenia. She has delusions,
Its your 18th birthday. The first of many big milestones in your life as an adult. Your
father and I wanted to have you when we were 100% ready to be parents. Having a baby is a
huge responsibility. After a couple of years of being married, and aft
Memory is such a complicated thing. I think its an amazing thing to study and learn
about. A person can never know if what they are remembering was a dream, reality, or even
something that never even happened. I agree with the quote The brain abhors a vac
1. behavioral neuroscientists (or biopsychologists): Psychologists who
specialize in considering the ways in which the biological structures and functions
of the body affect behavior.
2. Neurons: Nerve cells, the basic elements of the nervous system.
- Full house had 3 men living together (the father and two uncles) raising the girls
- Fuller house had 3 women living together (two moms and the aunt) raising the boys
- Kay Jewelers has an advertisement of a woman proposing to her girlfriend
The article, Comparing the 5 Theories of Emotion the author Beppe Micallef-Trigona states
and explains each of the Theories of Emotion. At the beginning of the article, he states that Hockenbury
describes an emotion as a complex psychologica
1. I chose Emotional Suppression in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome experimental study. The purpose of
the study was to test the hypothesis about emotion suppression and autonomic reactivity
because it had been reported but rarely investigated.
2. I th
1. The Peoples Temple was a cult because all the followers were devoted towards Jim
Jones. They were manipulated, forced to do things, and ridiculed for having different
opinions. Once in Jonestown they were cut off from their families and were
Theoretical Framework for Urban Sociology
Suggests that each part of society is
interconnected and work together to
contribute to society as a whole which
maintains stability and balance, if
A jury is one of the main parts of a trial. Before a trial begins, opposing attorneys are
allowed to disqualify potential jurors who may be biased (622). I think thats a good idea
because that way jurors can get an honest response in trial. For exa
Why is informed consent important?
Informed consent is important because it provides a written description of what participants can
expect during the experiment, including potential risks and implications of the research. This can
Sections: 7-2 (What is Cognition?); 7-4 (Problem Solving); 7-3 (Language)
1. A _ is the way the brain has of organizing information that allows it to make assumptions
about the world and work more efficiently.
2. What is the difference between an
Sections: 10-4 (Emotion); 8-1 (How Memory Functions)
Which theory of emotion supports the following scenario: I see a spider and at the exact
same time I experience fear and an increased heartrate?
What is a cultural display rule?
A cultural display rule
What is the difference between crystallized intelligence and fluid intelligence?
Crystallized intelligence is bringing back/remembering information that you already knew. Fluid
intelligence is being able to understand complex situations and to solve prob
What is an absolute threshold?
An absolute threshold refers to the minimum amount of stimulus energy that must be present for
the stimulus to be detected 50% of the time/
Provide an example (other than the one in the book) of sensory adaptation.
If you a
In which stage of sleep does our brain most closely resemble its activity level during
Stage 1 sleep
Of the NREM stages of sleep, which is the deepest?
Stage 3 and 4. Stage 3 and stage 4 of sleep are often referred to as deep sleep or slow-w
When I first read this, I actually was surprised by the complexity and the extent that we go to
in order to make and justify our decisions as well as how defensive that we get when we make
mistakes. Once I actually had time to think about it, the idea bec
Sections: 10-2 (Motivation); 10-3 (Hunger and Eating); 10-4 (Sexual Motivation)
Provide one example of intrinsic motivation (other than what is in the book) and one
example of extrinsic motivation (other than what is in the book).
An example of intrinsic