1. Strategic partnerships occurring between or among companies operating on the Internet are called _.
a. network alliances b. virtual integration
c. virtual companies
d. value-added partnerships
2. Businesses that engage in electronic data inte
Chapter 01: Introduction to Information Security
1. The primary threats to security during the early years of computers were physical theft of equipment,
espionage against the products of the systems, and sabotage.
Chapter 07: Security Technology: Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems, and Other Security
1. Intrusion detection consists of procedures and systems that identify system intrusions and take action
when an intrusion is detected.
Chapter 04: Risk Management
1. The general management of an organization must structure the IT and information security functions to
defend the organizations information assets.
2. If you realize you do not know the enemy
Chapter 08: Cryptography
1. In 1953, Giovan Batista Belaso introduced the idea of the passphrase (password) as a key for
2. In 1917, Gilbert S.Vernam, an AT&T employee, invented a polyalphabetic cipher machine
Chapter 06: Security Technology: Firewalls and VPNs
1. Firewalls can be categorized by processing mode, development era, or structure.
2. The firewall can often be deployed as a separate network containing a number of sup
Gaddis Starting Out With Java 5 From Control Structures to Objects
Chapter 11 Inheritance
1. When an is a relationship exists between objects, it means that the specialized object has
Some of the characteristics of the general class, bu
Chapter 10: Implementing Information Security
1. The project plan as a whole must describe how to acquire and implement the needed security controls
and create a setting in which those controls achieve the desired outcomes.
Chapter 12: Information Security Maintenance
1. If an organization deals successfully with change and has created procedures and systems that can be
adjusted to the environment, the existing security improvement program will probably continue t
A database usually consists of a number of tables.
Its often file(s) on a hard drive or other data storage
A database management system (DBMS) is the
software application that is used
Chapter 11: Security and Personnel
1. The general management community of interest must work with the information security professionals
to integrate solid information security concepts into the personnel management practices of the
Chapter 09: Physical Security
1. A name badge is typically worn concealed.
2. Locks can be divided into four categories based on the triggering process: manual, programmable,
electronic, and biometric.
Chapter 05: Planning for Security
1. A standard is a plan or course of action that conveys instructions from an organizations senior
management to those who make decisions, take actions, and perform other duties.
Chapter 03: Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in Information Security
1. The key difference between laws and ethics is that ethics carry the authority of a governing body and
laws do not.
2. Due care requires that an
Chapter 02: The Need for Security
1. Information securitys primary mission is to ensure that systems and their contents retain their
confidentiality at all costs.
2. Information security safeguards the technology assets in
More on Processing User Input
BCIS 3680 Enterprise Programming
More input fields
More JSP elements
Processing User Input
Again, each piece