1. Terms and Definitions/They and We:
Which ONE of the following sociologists coined the word Ethnocentrsim?
William Graham Sumner
1. Terms and Definitions/They and
1. They and We:
This term, coined by Robert Park, suggests a "double consciousness" and a sense of being
a "stranger"; longing for the old, but wanting to participate in the new.
Take Test: Module 4 Quiz
1. Terms and Definitions:
This is racism promoted and perpetuated by society's institutions, norms, and values.
August 4, 2016
Dr. James Tan
1. How were Blacks discriminated and relegated to second class citizenship and servitude
after the Civil War (1860-1865)? Be sure to make reference to both books (Steinberg and
Dr. James Adrian Tan
July 24, 2016
Essay Soci 4540
Ethnicity is a never constant but always changing concept.
History has affected and shaped race relations in the United States for a very long time. In the
earliest days of the North A
Race in the 21st Century
5 Fallacies about Racism
1. Individualistic Fallacy- Racism is only the collection of nasty thoughts a racist
individual has about another group: Mexicans are lazy, Blacks are criminals, etc.
2. Legalistic Fallacy- One who operate