Chapter 12-Traditional Models for
1. Compare and discuss the Ohio State and University of Michigan leadership studies.
2. Give an overview of the LPC theory of leadership and explain how a manager might
use it at work.
Chapter 3-Foundations of Individual Behavior
1. Which of these is true about a psychological contract? It is usually
A. written down on a piece of paper.
B. clear about what the organization will provide employees.
C. explicitly negotiated.
Chapter 13-Contemporary Views of Leadership
1. The leader-member exchange model (LMX)
A. is based on subordinate contributions and leader inducements.
B. clarifies the role of communication in the leadership process.
Chapter 7-Managing Stress and the Work-Life
1. Which of these defines stressors?
A. Stress on the job
B. The result of mismanagement
C. Stress that accompanies negative events
D. Anything that induce stress
E. Situations that should be
Chapter 15-Conflict and Negotiation in
1. What are the most common reactions to conflict? Which reaction is most beneficial to
2. Describe, discuss, and give specific examples of a situation in which managers need t
Chapter 19-Organization Change and
1. John and Mark are brothers who were born in 1958 and 1961 respectively. Accordingly,
they can be classified as _ and _.
A. Generation X; Generation Y
B. Millennials; Baby-boomers
C. Generation Y
Chapter 8-Decision Making and Problem
1. Decision making is
A. finding the answer to a question.
B. choosing one alternative from among several.
C. staffing positions within the organizational hierarchy.
D. motivating employees to pursu
Chapter 16-Foundations of Organization
1. The statement of "what business we are in" defines the company's _ and gives the
organization a reason to exist.
A. organizational structure
Chapter 18-Organization Culture
1. Organizational climate includes all of the following EXCEPT:
A. is based on individual perceptions.
B. feelings that characterize life in the organization.
C. includes values needed to act on the strategic val
Course Title: ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR
Dr. Sukumar C. Debnath
Room # 206, New Architecture Building
Contemporary Views of Leadership in Organizations
The three major situational theories of leadership discussed in Chapter 12 altered
everyone's thinking about leadership. No longer did people feel compelled to search for