Chapter 12-Traditional Models for
1. Compare and discuss the Ohio State and University of Michigan leadership studies.
2. Give an overview of the LPC theory of leadership and explain how a manager might
use it at work.
Chapter 13-Contemporary Views of Leadership
1. The leader-member exchange model (LMX)
A. is based on subordinate contributions and leader inducements.
B. clarifies the role of communication in the leadership process.
Chapter 3-Foundations of Individual Behavior
1. Which of these is true about a psychological contract? It is usually
A. written down on a piece of paper.
B. clear about what the organization will provide employees.
C. explicitly negotiated.
Chapter 8-Decision Making and Problem
1. Decision making is
A. finding the answer to a question.
B. choosing one alternative from among several.
C. staffing positions within the organizational hierarchy.
D. motivating employees to pursu
Chapter 7-Managing Stress and the Work-Life
1. Which of these defines stressors?
A. Stress on the job
B. The result of mismanagement
C. Stress that accompanies negative events
D. Anything that induce stress
E. Situations that should be
Motivating Employee Performance Through Work
This chapter is the first of two that addresses the strategies that managers use to optimize the performance
of their employees. We begin with a discussion of work design, starting wi
Attribution theory: How does perception affect behavior?
Perception is the set of processes by which an individual becomes aware of and intercepts information about
the environment. Selective perception and stereotyping are particularly important perceptu
Every day, we always ask Why? for everything what we observe. Why did managers use wrong data in their
reports? Why did operational risk manager create this plan for company? Why did we decide to study MBA at
Prairie View A& M University? When we ask thes
GROUP CASE ASSINGMENT 1
FLEXIBLE WORK ARRANGEMENT AT HEWLETT-PACKARD
1. What types of employees are likely to be motivated by alternative work arrangements? Tell
Alternative work arrangements allows the worker to create a flexible work schedu
GROUP CASE ASSINGMENT 3
THE REALITY-DISTORTION FIELD OF STEVE JOBS
1. Using the Michigan studies framework, describe the leader behavior of Steve Jobs. Is he
likely to be an effective leader? Why or why not?
Based on the Michigan framework, Steve
MGMT 5103: ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR
Instructor: Dr. Sukumar C. Debnath
Email: eCourse email
Greetings and welcome to the online course MGMT 5103: Organizational Behavior. To
introduce myself briefly, I have a Doctor of Business Administrati
Course Title: ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR
Dr. Sukumar C. Debnath
Room # 206, New Architecture Building
Chapter 18-Organization Culture
1. Organizational climate includes all of the following EXCEPT:
A. is based on individual perceptions.
B. feelings that characterize life in the organization.
C. includes values needed to act on the strategic val
Chapter 16-Foundations of Organization
1. The statement of "what business we are in" defines the company's _ and gives the
organization a reason to exist.
A. organizational structure
Chapter 19-Organization Change and
1. John and Mark are brothers who were born in 1958 and 1961 respectively. Accordingly,
they can be classified as _ and _.
A. Generation X; Generation Y
B. Millennials; Baby-boomers
C. Generation Y
Chapter 15-Conflict and Negotiation in
1. What are the most common reactions to conflict? Which reaction is most beneficial to
2. Describe, discuss, and give specific examples of a situation in which managers need t
Do you agree or disagree with the basic assumption of Herzbergs dual structure theory? Why?
The dual-structure theory of Frederic Herzberg was originally called the two-factory theory
that identifies motivation factors, which affect satisfaction, and hygi
GROUP CASE ASSINGMENT 2
EFFECTIVE GROUP DECISIONS AT THE DENVER BRONCOS
1. Describe the decision-making process at the Denver Broncos marketing group. Why is the
group decision process beneficial for this organization?
The decision-making process
Contemporary Views of Leadership in Organizations
The three major situational theories of leadership discussed in Chapter 12 altered
everyone's thinking about leadership. No longer did people feel compelled to search for