1. Discuss each of the stages of evolution of the marketing process. Illustrate each stage
with a particular country.
The first stage of evolution of the marketing process is called Agricultural and raw
materials. An example of this stage would be the ind
1. Discuss the factors to consider in assessing the dominant political climate within a
Radical shifts in government philosophy, pressure from nationalist and self-interest
groups, weakened economic conditions, bias against foreign investment or
1. Discuss the three cultural change strategies a foreign marketer can pursue. Illustrate with
There are 3 cultural change strategies that a foreign marketer can pursue.
A foreign marketer can pursue the cultural congruence strategy which involv
1. Discuss the different promotional/ product strategies available to an international
The different product strategies available to an international marketer are placing
emphasis on maintaining quality or physical or mandatory requirements and
1. Define strategic planning. How is strategic planning different for the international
marketer than for the domestic marketer?
Strategic planning is the process of conducting a plan at the highest levels of
managements that deal with products,
1. Discuss the stages of the research process.
The research process has 6 stages.
The first stage is defining the problem and establishing research objectives. During this
first stage, the idea is to convert a series of ambiguous problems intro t
1. How does the international marketer determine what legal system will have jurisdiction
when legal disputes arise?
There is no judicial body that exists to deal with legal commercial problems arising
between citizens of different countries. The World Co
1. Identify both local and foreign examples of cultural imperatives, adiaphora, and
exclusives. Explain why each example fits into the category you have selected.
Imperatives are customs that must be recognized and accommodated. An example of a
1. Discuss the importance of studying geography and history in international marketing.
Illustrate with examples.
In international marketing, studying history and geography is very important. In order to
understand culture, you must know the countrys hist
1. Discuss under what circumstances expatriate salesmen should be utilized. Explain.
Expatriate salesmen should be utilized when products are highly technical, or when
selling requires an extensive background of information and applications. This means th
1. Outline some of the major problems confronting an international advertiser.
A market usually faces many challenges. International communications may fail because
of the media inadequacy, the message may be received by the intended audience bu
1. What are the differences between consumer and industrial goods and what are the
implications for international marketing? Discuss.
The differences between consumer and industrial goods are, first, that industrial products
and services are use