Directions: Carefully read through the following case study and answer all of the case study questions.
Include supporting calculations and screenshots (Excel QM).
Henry Clements is a friend of yours who has a car renta
1. A local university is considering changes to its class structure in an effort to increase professor
productivity. The old schedule had each professor teaching 5 classes per week, with each class meeting
an hour per day on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
EOQ (Purchasing Model)
A toy manufacturer uses approximately 75,000 small truck housings annually. The
housings are used at a steady rate during the 250 workdays that the plant operates. The
price of each housing is $1.50 and the annual holding costs are
1. Create a Pareto chart for the following mistakes made in grading an exam.
Question marked wrong was right
Question marked right was wrong
Partial Credit not consistent
Construct a cause-and-effect diag
Operations management- is the set of activities that create value in the form of goods
and services by transforming inputs into outputs
o Marketing generates demand
o Production/operations-creates the product
o Finance/accounting-tracks how wel
What is the objective of critical path analysis? Explain why the critical path is the longest, not the
shortest, path through a network. Define slack time. If you are working as an operations manager, how
would you convince the workers at the critical pat
September 28, 2016
Case study 4: CCM
1. If given the spot as museum director, I would consider everyone's opinion except the faculty
member in the art history department, because even though the museum w
Professor Bieber Hamby
Oct 7, 2016
1. (Meat manager)
Each separate branch reports to another higher class authority figure, such as the meat manager
September 27, 2016
Project Luv Seat
1.How does up-cycling differ from recycling?
- Up-cycling is taking products that are at the end of their life span and re using them into
something that is new and in
August 31, 2016
Case 1 Pg. 53
1. What turbulent forces are causing business leads to rethink their use of energy?
- The turbulent forces that prevent the managers from switching to natural gas is the fea
1. I would use the communication control, if im surveying my employees on details of my company I
would like to have a good communication field so we both can interact and come to
September 6th, 2016
Case Study #3 pg. 137
With pharmaceutical drugs being a high end market and a big money business a lot of
companies just need a couple consistent drugs that provide a benefit for all who tak
September 6, 2016
Case 2 pg. 627
1. I would vote to reduce the students penalties, for each student to receive a zero is harsh. Their
professor did state the policies and the other group members other th
Professor Bieber- Hamby
1. The CIO is managing a cross functional team that possess the best of workers of the same hierarchical
level. The new CIO has a very unmotivated team. There is no compassion or
Department of Management, Marketing, and International Business
Note: this syllabus is provided to you as a guide for the class content and expectations this semester. It
is not a contract, and it is subject to change as necessary.