Properties of Color!
Hue: the color itself. The most basic of color terms denotes an object's color. When we
say "red", "yellow", "green" we're talking about the hue.!
Value: Refers to how light or how dark a color is. lighter col
Overview of Selby/Boehm book
Barry Boehm, USC
Theories of visual perception!
German psychologist 1920s!
- not necessarily about design!
- about how we perceive (typically) things!
- a tool!
Gestalt theory explains how the eye organizes visual experienc
Balance through likeness!
- Identical shapes are repeated in mirrored images on either side of a central axis!
- use of contrasts of value, texture, shape help to relieve boredom(?) and introduce
Basic Design Principles!
- never just one principle by itself!
- usually several combined in a good design!
- nothing should be arbitrarily on the page!
- every element should have some visua
- what they need to convey!
- what they need!
- ask questions!
- bringing them (client) into process!
- who is it going to be for!
Research / analysis!
- what you didn't nd out from the client!
Letter press printing!
- tactile feel, hand-crafted feel!
- leading = little slivers of metal to use as spaces between words!
type face vs font?!
- modernly changeable!
- typeface = design / what it looks lik
An SMT magazine from Mycronic
thats what we sell!
MYNews2015.02 BNLX-UKpage 1
For a higher volume world
Jet printing lets you add solder paste 10 time