Last Name 1
Social Responsibility Assignment
1. How did Slavery affect American culture and society in the Antebellum Period(the
period before the civil war, 1812 to 1860)? Please provide examples.
Fall 2003 Federal Courts
A. Article III
1. Section 1
a. Madisonian Compromise Constitution creates the SC and gives Congress the
power to create lower FEDERAL courts
b. Life tenure
c. Guaranteed compensation
2. Section 2
Explain the reasons why the process of discovery
exists in both civil and criminal cases, but is significantly
curtailed in the latter
Differentiate formal and informal discovery and the
Chapter one goes over the Legal system. It gives more brief information about how it
works and explains how it all ties together. It explains how the courts are related to the other
components of the criminal justice system. "Law enforcement, courts, and
Chapter 9 Quiz
1. According to John OSullivan, the manifest destiny of the United States to occupy North America
could be traced to:
a divine mission.
2. Americas first commercial railroad was the:
Baltimore and Ohio Railroad.
3. At the Lowell textile mil
Chapter 10 Quiz
1. A primary reason that both women and blacks were largely excluded from the expansion of
c. that both groups were viewed as being naturally incapable and thus unfit for suffrage.
2. Andrew Jacksons inauguration was:
d. a l
Chapter 1 Quiz
1. According to Bartolome de Las Casas:
b. Spain had caused the deaths of millions of innocent people in the New World.
2. Around 9,000 years ago, agriculture developed in the Americas around:
b. Mexico and Peru.
3. Bartolome de Las Casas a
Chapter 3 Quiz
1. According to the economic theory known as mercantilism:
b. the government should regulate economic activity so as to promote national power.
2. As English colonial society became more structured in the eighteenth century, what were the
Chapter 5 Quiz (Page 1)
1. A key consequence of the Battle of Saratoga in October 1777 was:
a. Frances becoming an ally to the United States.
2. All of the following were advantages enjoyed by the British during the American Revolution EXCEPT:
d. an intim
Chapter 4 Quiz
1. Deists shared the ideas of eighteenth-century European Enlightenment thinkers, namely that:
c. science could uncover laws that governed the natural order rather than God
2. Georgia was established by James Oglethorpe, whose causes includ
Chapter 2 Quiz
1. Anne Hutchinson:
d. opposed Puritan ministers who distinguished saints from the damned through church attendance and
moral behavior rather than through focusing on an inner state of grace.
2. As a result of British landowners evicting pe
Chapter 7 Quiz (Page 1)
1. Anti-Federalists included:
e. Samuel Adams and Patrick Henry.
2. As designed by the Constitution:
c. federal judges were appointed by the president, not elected by the people.
3. During the process of ratifying the Constitution:
Chapter 6 Quiz (Page 1)
1. Republican motherhood was an ideology that held:
b. women played an indispensable role in the new nation by training future citizens.
2. According to Noah Webster, what was the very soul of a republic?
3. After the R
Chapter 8 Quiz
1. Strict constructionists believed:
the federal government could exercise only powers specifically listed in the Constitution.
2. After becoming president, how did Thomas Jefferson deal with the Federalists?
He tried to roll back almost ev
A crop that formed t
Each state is allotted congressional seats following the senses after apportionment
congressional districts are redrawn to reflect increases or decreases in allotted seats to states
and population shifts within a state through redi
CHAPTER 7 THE PRESIDENCY
In life and in death a president holds a country together or pulls it apart. In 2004, the death and
funeral of president Reagan the first president to lay in state at the capitol rotunda since LBJ was
a national timeout from war a
CHAPTER 1 NOTES
A lack of proper supplies, disease, and a lack of strong leadership. The colonies third elected president
captain John Smith forced all to work in a negotiative trade with Indians. Between 1609 to 1610 was the
starving time. A few resorted
EXECUTIVE BRANCH AND FEDERAL BUREAUCRACY
German sociologist Max Weber, believed that bureaucracies were a rational way for complex
societies to organize themselves. Modern bureaucracies exhibit 6 characteristics:
first a chain of command (autho
According to James Madison, federalism #51. The power surrendered by the people is first divided
between two distinct governments and then some divided among distinct and separate departments. A
double security arises to the rights of
THE U.S. CONSTITUTION
King James I allowed some local participation in decision making. The Virginia House of Burgesses, the
Massachusetts bay colony. The king ruled by divine right. Colonists had significant liberties (self
Ch. 1 Quiz
1. In the early 1970s the world price of oil increased substantially. What impact did that increase
have on Texas economy? *It gave a boost to the Texas economy because it benefited the states
2. The decrease in the oil prices in
This is a survey that attempts to orientate you to a particular Presidential candidate
based on your answers.
Answer ALL the questions. You will see that there is an option for more than just Yes or
No answers on each question and on each category their a
TX. Government review 50 questions.
1. What are entitlement programs? It provides benefits, grant programs.
2. What a project grant is? When one requires to fill out an app and compete for that grant
3. What is a federal system of government? Is a
1. How have your own attitudes and beliefs been influenced by participating in this petition?
What did you learn about diversity fr
TX Gov. Review 4,5,6,7
1. What is retrospective voting? Look back and see if they have done a good job. So they
may be reelected.
2. What is a bond election? Asking voter approval so they can go into debt.
3. What year did the republican become c
Short Answer 2
As I read the article Texas Gov. Abbott Calls for Convention on Constitution, Proposes
Amendments I think to myself, Wow, I do not understand any of this. I am going to try and
explain myself of why or why not this woul
1. In the TX house of Representatives how are committee chairs are chosen? Speaker of the
2. Which department is responsible for issuing and regulating various professional
positions? Licensing board.
3. What is the highest court in
CHAPTER 2 STUDY OUTLINE
1. [Introduction: Jamestown]
2. England and the New World
1. Unifying the English Nation
1. England's stability in the sixteenth century was undermined by religious conflicts.
2. England and Ireland
1. England's methods to subdue I
CHAPTER 1 STUDY OUTLINE
1. [Introduction: Columbian Exchange]
2. The First Americans
1. The Settling of the Americas
1. "Indians" settled the New World between 15,000 and 60,000 years ago
2. Indian Societies of the Americas
1. North and South American soc