1. Explain why technical, conceptual, and human skills are essential for the
effectiveness of today's managers?
The first is technical, the ability to perform a specific job. The second is
conceptual, the ability to think analytically. The third is human,
1. Briefly discuss the elements of the communication process that
Encoding and Decoding
Various elements work together to achieve a desired outcome as
communication takes place. The ba
Week 1 -12
Identifying accounting principles
Match each of the numbered descriptions with the principle or assumption it
best reflects. Enter the letter
for the appropriate principle or assumption in the blank spac
Explain the difference between being a leader and being a manger by describing the
key characteristics of each position?
Some interviewers may ask you whether you are a leader or a manager.
To reply to this question, you must first understand the differen
1. Define the purpose of the concept called Organizational
Behavior and why it is important for a manager to understand
Consumer Behaviors is a branch which deals with the various stages a
consumer goes through before purchasing products or
1. Explain the importance of culture by application of the four functions of
A single definition of organizational culture has proven to be very elusive. No one
definition of organizational culture has emerged in the literature. On
1. List for a company you either work or are familiar with, the
internal and external stakeholders whose interests are directly
affected by the organization's activities?
I work in a hospital that serve the patients and give them good serves to
.Discuss the four steps in the process of rational decision making -1
STAGE 1: INVESTIGATE THE SITUATION
STAGE 2: DEVELOP ALTERNATIVES
STAGE 3: EVALUATE ALTERNATIVES AND SELECT THE BEST ONE AVAILABLE
STAG E 4: IMPLEMENT AND MONITOR THE DECSION
1- Explain the difference between a mechanistic and organic organization design
1. Division of labour by functional specialization:
A maximum possible division of labour makes it possible to utilize, in all links of the
1. Describe the function of planning and its importance in the
strategic management process?
Requirement for studying competitive advantage. Competitive advantage
is what keeps great organizations ahead of their competitors. Rothaermel
pointed out that th
1. Review the material in your text on the five conflict handling styles:
2. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your conflict handling style.
To improve your conflict management skills (a) id
Explain the difference between a group and a team in an organizational
Group: Is two or more freely interacting individuals who share collective
norms, share collective goals, and have a common identity.
Team: Is a small group of people with
1. Review the following list of Leadership Influence Tactics which are ranked
from most used by leaders to least use:
1. Define the term Active Listening. Be specific in your definition?
Active listening is a communication technique that increases understanding and
rapport between speaker and listener. Rather than passively listening to the speaker
(or not li
1. Explain the steps managers must implement in a control process.
Quantity: specifies how much work must be completed within a certain
period of time, e.g., enters 30 enrollments per day.
Quality: describes how well the work must be accomplished. Specifi
Norah - 120008613
1. Define the management term "controlling".
Controlling: is one of the managerial functions like planning, organizing, staffing and
directing. It is an important function because it helps to check the errors and to take
1. Reflect upon the cultural variations of the following global cultural variations:
The power of language to reflect culture and influence thinking was first proposed by
an American lin
1. Define the word "globalization" and its meaning?
Globalization is the process of international integration arising from the interchange
of world views, products, ideas, and other aspects of culture. Advances in
transportation and telecommunications inf
Explain the five steps in the strategic management process (see Figure 6.1
in your textbook).
Step 1: Establish the Mission & the Vision
Characteristics of a Good Mission Statement the mission, you'll recall, is the
organization's purpose or reason for
.Explain the difference between proactive and reactive change [1
Reactive Change: Responding to Unanticipated Problems & Opportunities
When managers talk about "putting out fires they are talking about reactive
change, making changes in response to proble
1) Since they are not talking about the cost of goods sold (COGS) we will assume the first question is in
regard to the total cost of all units available for sale DURING the year (since ending inventory is dealt with
in #3 be
Homework Week 5
Total Inventory = (320x 6.0) + (85x6.4) + (110x6.6)
Total units = 320+85+110 = 515
Cost per unit = 3190/515 = $ 6.19
Company sells 360 units
remaining inventory = (515-360) x 6