Chapter 9: Global Information Systems
1. The expansion of global markets is a major factor in developing global information systems to handle
the customers demands of integrated worldwide services.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 9.1: Di
Chapter 1: Information Systems: An Overview
1. The most common personal digital assistant (PDA) is a smartphone.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 1.1: Discuss common applications of computers and information systems.
Topic: Computers and
Chapter 7: The Internet, Intranets, and Extranets
1. The Internet is owned or run by the Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET).
Chapter Learning Outcome: 7.1: Describe the makeup of the Internet and the World Wide We
Chapter 2: Computers: The Machines Behind Computing
1. An object code must be translated into source code in order for a computer to be able to read and
Chapter Learning Outcome: 2.1: Define a computer system, and describ
Chapter 13: Intelligent Information Systems
1. Artificial intelligence (AI) technologies are only concerned with storing, retrieving, and working with data.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 13.1: Define artificial intelligence, and expla
Chapter 4: Personal, Legal, Ethical, and Organizational Issues of Information
1. Some information paranoia is valid, because information about almost every aspect of peoples lives
is now stored on various databases.
Chapter 8: E-Commerce
1. E-business is part of e-commerce.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 8.1: Define e-commerce and describe its advantages, disadvantages, and
Topic: Defining E-Commerce
Chapter 3: Database Systems, Data Warehouses, and Data Marts
1. Although a database can consist of only a single file, it is usually a group of files.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 3.1: Define a database and a database management syste
Chapter 10: Building Successful Information Systems
1. Information system projects are often an extension of existing systems or involve replacing an old
technology with a new one.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 10.1: Describe the syste
Chapter 14: Emerging Trends, Technologies, and Applications
1. Pull technology is adequate for marketing certain products and services and for providing customized
Chapter Learning Outcome: 14.1: Summarize new trends
Chapter 11: Enterprise Systems
1. In a manufacturing firms supply chain, raw materials flow from consumers to suppliers.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 11.1: Explain how supply chain management is used.
Topic: Supply Chain Management
Chapter 6: Data Communication: Delivering Information Anywhere and Anytime
1. Data communication systems are significantly apart from an organizations core functions.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 6.1: Describe major applications of a
Chapter 5: Protecting Information Resources
1. Phishing is different from pharming as phishing usually involves hijacking an official Web site address
by hacking a Domain Name System server.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 5.1: Describe
Chapter 12: Management Support Systems
1. Unstructured decisions are often used in sales forecasting.
Chapter Learning Outcome: 12.1: Describe the phases of the decision-making process in a typical
organization and the types of de
Baker 1 Nichole Baker Professor Dumler English 1A: OL 18 October 2011 Research Set 5 Works Cited Busko, Marlene. "Anxiety Linked With Increased Cell-Phone Dependence, Abuse." Medscape News Today 10 March 2008. Web 18 October 2011. Rhetorical Prcis Marlene
Works Cited Ling, Richard Seyler. "New Tech, New Ties: How Mobile Communication Is Reshaping Social Cohesion." MIT Press 2008. Rhetorical Prcis Richard Ling, in his book "New Tech, New Ties: How Mobile Communication Is Reshaping Social Cohesion," compares
Nichole Baker Human Relations/People Skills 30886 February 22, 2012 Action Step for Laws 8-14 8. The Law of Intuition: I will apply this law to my life by going with my gut feeling when I am making a decision in the work place such as which software to us
Nichole Baker Human Relations/People Skills 30886 February 8, 2012 Chapter 3 Outline Building Self Esteem 1. The Power of Self Esteem a. Self-esteem Belief in one's own abilities and of being capable of meeting life's challenges and being worthy of happin
Nichole Baker Human Relations/People Skills 30886 February 6, 2012 Homework Assignment Chapters 1,3 1. Explain the nature, purpose, and importance of human relations in a business or company setting. America's best companies realize that all work is done
Nichole Baker Human Relations/People Skills 30886 04-09-12 Homework 4 1. Please explain an important issue that made you angry this past year. Explain why it was upsetting to you. Note: this is your (Personal answer). A little while back, I decided to mak
Nichole Baker Human Relations 30886 MW 9:35 January 25, 2012
Chapter 1 Outline
Introduction to Human Relations
1) The Nature, Purpose, and Importance of Human Relations
a) Many of America's best-managed organizations are not simply being "nice to people";
Human Relations/People Skills
February 22, 2012
Personal Values Influence Ethical Choices: Chapter 4
1. Valuing Your Decisions
a. This chapter will help you understand how to make the right ethical decisions
based on a values system th
Nichole Baker Human Relations 30886 MW 9:35 March 5, 2012
Chapter 5 Outline: The Fish Movement 1) Attitudes are learned a) Attitudes Thoughts that are accepted as true and that lead one to think, feel, or act positively or negatively toward a person, idea