1. Give a short account of the history of the company and trace the evolution of
its strategy. Try to determine whether the strategic evolution of your company
is the product of intended strategies, emergent strategies, or some combination
of the two.
1. Apply the five forces model to the industry in which your company is based.
What does this model tell you about the nature of competition in the industry?
As for threat of New Entrants, it is difficult for a new company to enter the
mobile technology m
BA4390 Business Strategy
How to integrate most organizational factors in strategizing
A successful company will have a good strategizing and will integrate most
organizational factors in strategizing. But we nee
1. Identify whether your company has a competitive advantage or disadvantage
in its primary industry. (Its primary industry is the one in which it has the most
Nokias competitive advantage is its product quality. The mobile product of
Nokia is real
1. Is your company purchasing any of the efficiency enhancing practices
discussed in this chapter?
Yes. Nokia is cooperating with Microsoft to enhance their efficiency than
before. With the corporation, Nokia can have more output with the same
What is the difference between chaining and
Why there is the most market share in the late
What is the best strategy for H.E.B among
leadership, niche, harvest and divestment .
1. How differentiated are the products or services of your company? What is the
basis of their differentiated appeal?
The differentiation of our companys product is its quality and innovation.
Nokia is the first company to provide windows phone and this i
1. In what kind of industry environment (for example, embryonic, mature) does
your company operate? Use the information from SMP Module2
The stage of life cycle of mobile phone industry is in growth stage. Although
the mobile phone industry has been growi
1. What is the dominant product technology used in the industry in which your
company is based.
Nokia is using Killer application. This application is a application or use of
new technology or products that are so compelling that Nokia can persuade
My company is already doing business in other countries
1. Is your company creating value or lowering the costs of value creation by
realizing location economies, transferring, distinctive competencies abroad, or
realizing cost economies from the economie
1. Has your company ever purchased a horizontal integration strategy? What was the
strategic reason for pursuing this strategy?
Yes, Nokia has purchased a horizontal integration strategy. Nokia and Microsoft
merge together to achieve the competiti
ACC 3340-201Advanced Managerial Accounting
The course meets in Pellegrino Hall, Room 115, from 3:30 to 4:45 P.M.
each Monday and Wednesday. The first class meeting is on January 23,
Credit hours: 3.
1. Mrs Lucky will feel unhappy, as the Job116 and Job117 are much expensive
than the Job115. Mrs Lucky is expected to have the same price of the all Job
and this is out of her expectation and as a result she will be unhappy and may
Why other countries teach better
I do agree this article as I think other countries teach better. Take my hometown as an
example, Hong Kong is a very competitive city and students need to study hard for
entering to university. This situation is not like U
MA Case 1
1. Carls behavior is not ethical. First, as an assistant of a company, you are a part
of the company and you should not tell anyone about the private information
of the company. This is totally unethical. Second, what carls do will make